the Rift

[OPEN] Signs of Life [Patrol]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Amaris remembered the night they met, the dance through the Edge with the moonlight boy, the search for the ever-mysterious, ever-elusive moon flower. She remembered his moon-kissed hide, his ethereal glow, his kind smile and kinder words. She remembered his promise, his oath - she remembered the wars that followed that night. The dragongirl could not help but wonder if their meeting then had been some sort of cosmic (mis?)alignment, a fated gathering that heralded the doom that followed - were they just too young, too blind and naïve to see it?

If it was our meeting that began all that bloodshed, then perhaps this will herald the beginnings of peace.

He speaks again now, saying her name in tones far more matured than all those years ago. He touches her muzzle, golden scales to silver velvet, and she is transported back to that time, when she had a home amongst trees almost as tall as the ones they were in now. The constant thrum of waves breaking, crashing, smashing against the cliffside echoes in the confines of the dragongirl's mind, his familiar scent tugging on the nostalgia that resided deep within her breast. A longing she barely knew existed bloomed much like the midnight flower they searched for all those years ago, a yearning to return to those misty woods, to feel the cool yet comforting embrace of the night as it descended upon the lands, seemingly more completely than anywhere else upon Helovia. The World's Edge, she thought quietly, wondering why she was suddenly pulled back there - since the DragonHeart fell there for the last time, she had avoided the western reaches of the land through some unconscious desire to find herself elsewhere. And yet, she found a trigger here, leagues away from the misty borders, deep within the Forest to the south of Helovia - I will return there, if Tandavi would come with me, she decided, even as she recognised the red, sandy sheen that lingered to Mesec's limbs, deducing that he had joined the Throat. The sunlit desert lands were not the first herd Amaris would have thought Mesec to choose for his residence - but then she was hardly capable of prejudice or stereotypes (outside of her own draconic ones), and so she accepted this assumption with easy grace.

"Better every day," Amaris spoke with her smooth, warm tones, her draconic lilt adding an exotic edge to her voice as it always did. With her few words she spoke what truth she could muster - there was a hidden pain in them, a hurt she could not deny, a grievance that she did not deign to divulge further details about. But she was healing, the hollow, vacant abyss within her was slowly scabbing over, prone to peel away at the edges still and show the puckering, pink, bleeding wound beneath. It was not polite to unload such hefty weights upon a friend (?), an acquaintance, a soul she had only just happened upon after years of absence in between. What were they to each other?

Friends, crooned the brown who accompanied her, from his lofty amongst the golden and brown leaves and branches above. Silently, Amaris agreed with him.

They were interrupted then, by a mare who encompassed a spider's web across her hide in such a way that made Amaris think of Lace, and the pain of his passing without her knowledge swept over here again. He is in here, somewhere. In these woods, his body preserved by some earth creature's magic, Fajira showed me… It was an errant thought, disobedient in that it would not be restrained in its destruction through her. Amaris' smile faltered, flickered uncertainly, for only a moment, as surprise took its hold upon her and she hesitated in returning a greeting to the maiden who had arrived. Patrol? she thought vaguely, before her mind caught up to reality (or reality caught up to her mind) again, and she remembered her time amidst the Dragon's Throat, the patrols each herd member was required to do every season. It was a wise system, for it encouraged pride and solidarity of the herd to extend beyond the sandy clutches of the Throat itself, it gave opportunity for the members to learn more about each other and the world they lived in (however harsh those lessons ended up being).

"Stay," Amaris spoke with her gentle tones once more, her angel's hymn leaving through golden lips that were curved with a genuine smile once more. "I did not mean to steal you away from your duty, Mesec," she adds playfully, before introducing herself to the newcomer. "I am Amaris, a wanderer, though I had my stay within the Throat for a season or two not long ago. It would be nice to accompany you both for a time today, if you would have me."

@Mesec
@Morrigan
Yes her dragon spirits are visible to everyone, they just look like dragon-shaped balls of light energy. As the current one with her is brown and it is day time AND autumn, it probably isn't very visible, though it can still sing/trill like a dragon too, so they might hear it ;D
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Mesec - 12-22-2015, 01:31 AM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Amaris - 12-23-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Mesec - 12-28-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Morrigan - 12-28-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Amaris - 01-02-2016, 05:28 AM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Mesec - 01-07-2016, 08:45 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Morrigan - 01-18-2016, 02:46 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Amaris - 01-21-2016, 01:49 AM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Mesec - 02-11-2016, 08:52 PM