the Rift

[OPEN] Signs of Life [Patrol]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Amaris was pleased when her request to join them was accepted, it made her feel some semblance of belonging again, of fitting, of working together with others in a useful, helpful manner. It hadn't been too long in the grand scheme of things, since she had been a part of the herd, even held a significant rank within it, yet it still felt too long for Amaris. Though she wouldn't rejoin the Throat, unless her cousin had a change of mind and heart, she held no ill wills against them, and in fact hoped they prospered and grew as they were wont to do over the years. Always the Throat had been an ally of Amaris, whether through the political ties of the herd she belonged at the time (when she was part of the Edge), or as its member, directly assisting them in becoming greater, stronger, magnificent. So to be warmly accepted into a duty that was typically reserved to Throat citizens was, simply put: wonderful.

"Pleasure to meet you, Morrigan, Pongo," Amaris greeted the mare and (unique) companion with a polite dip her crown, her words sincere and warm. With ease she smiled along with the comment about the weather, not sure of its reference but not minding either - Amaris was just happy to be included along. Morrigan's question, however, caused Amaris' smile to fade ever so slightly, as sadness swallowed her expression for a mere moment, before the curve of her lips returned - but this time it was tainted, dampened by the grief that had so recently struck her soul.

"I heard word that the World's Edge was seeking new leadership after the herd there took the Falls," she began, softly, yet her voice did not waver - the story simply wasn't one you spoke of with bright tones and energy behind it. "I was born in the Edge - my mother was the DragonHeart, but that was before the Wraiths came. She went to fight them and.." It was difficult to keep her thoughts on track. She wanted to explain but didn't know how - she wasn't sure what words to use, what story to tell to these nearly perfect strangers. "I went to test my mettle in the discussions for the position of Queen, but halfway through, I realised it was not for me," not now, not ever, "and I was ashamed of myself, though I know there really isn't shame in what I did, truly.. I left to try and find myself again, to learn and grow and figure out what I wanted in life, who do I want to serve and how can I serve them."

The conversation had taken a deep turn, and Amaris wanted her part of it to end, but she wasn't finished. Softer still, her voice lower, deeper, conveying the sadness that plagued her at last, she spoke her last words. "I found my mother again, for the Moon Goddess had revived her.. Only to let her succumb to her own old age at last. I.. I got to say goodbye to her," her golden eyes glazed with tears, though not a saline drop fell. Her tiara drooped slightly, as if her neck had suddenly lost the strength to keep it aloft.

A comforting thought came to her from the brown who danced amongst the treetops, a swell of emotions and a song both beautiful and ancient in its tune. Amaris let it fill her heart and body and mind, she let it wrap around her soul, which felt as fragile as an autumn leaf precariously holding onto its flimsy branch in Orangemoon. Morrigan's next question came as no surprise then, as the brown spirit dipped below the canopy to come and linger closer to the soul who had summoned him here - to Amaris, the dragonmare, the soul-singer, the soul-bringer. "His name is Keith, and he is a spirit, a memory, of a brown dragon who once flew through these trees with his bonded, countless moons ago. My magic allows him to return here and form a bond much like what you hold with Pongo, albeit temporarily." She spoke smoothly, more confidently again, with the topic of the conversation venturing towards something far less painful - dragons and magic.

@Mesec
@Morrigan
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Mesec - 12-22-2015, 01:31 AM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Amaris - 12-23-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Mesec - 12-28-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Morrigan - 12-28-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Amaris - 01-02-2016, 05:28 AM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Mesec - 01-07-2016, 08:45 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Morrigan - 01-18-2016, 02:46 PM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Amaris - 01-21-2016, 01:49 AM
RE: Signs of Life [Patrol] - by Mesec - 02-11-2016, 08:52 PM