the Rift

[PRIVATE] the dance

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu the Constrictor

He stood for the longest time staring at her and it made Ktulu frown, it made her wonder if he really did see Circe and if he was trying to rid himself of that image. The words were on her lips "I'm not Circe. I will never be Circe." but before she could voice them he spoke and she listened. He called her a warrior, a dancer, a mother, a leader she she thought back to when she'd ruled over the Foothills. She thought of Archibald being her general, she remembered asking his opinions and his advice because she irrevocably trusted him and valued his opinion.

A smile flitted across her face as he called her stubborn and if he were not watching her he would miss it altogether. No matter how stubborn she'd been and could be he'd always been more stubborn. They'd butted heads before, had disagreements, but Archibald had always stood firm (as had she) and she respected him for that. As he spoke she looked back on the history that they shared and she wondered how there had ever been a time when she hadn't trusted him, valued his opinion, or loved him. She wondered how she could ever let herself be swept away in romance with a man who had not wanted to be by her side when Archibald had always been there. She would be lying if she said that Circe hadn't found a good man or that she hadn't envied the Shadowmere and the strength of her and Archibald's love.

Archibald stopped and silence hung between the two of them for several seconds before he repeated her question back to her. What did she see when she looked at him? It was hard because she saw so much and she felt so much. Could she be honest or would things between them change even more than they had in the past few minutes?

"I see," She began and she paused for a moment, unsure of herself for the fist time in years. "I see you. I see a grieving lover, a father. I see a leader, a warrior, someone I can trust with my life and the life of my children. When I look at you I see my best friend. Someone who is strong and loyal, intelligent, and deserving of so much more than what life has to offer." That was the easiest for her to say because she didn't have to open her heart up to him to tell him that. It was everything else that she wanted to say that would lead to her bearing her heart and soul to him in ways that she was unaccustomed to. "Sometimes ... sometimes I see a man that could have fathered my children if circumstances had been different. I see someone that I love." She was quiet then, and stood watching Archibald's face as he soaked in everything that she had said and she wondered if being honest would end up hurting her.

"."

Credits

@Archibald

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
the dance - by Ktulu - 12-22-2015, 02:05 PM
RE: the dance - by Archibald - 12-24-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: the dance - by Ktulu - 12-25-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: the dance - by Archibald - 12-28-2015, 07:31 PM
RE: the dance - by Ktulu - 01-05-2016, 03:28 PM
RE: the dance - by Archibald - 01-23-2016, 11:26 PM
RE: the dance - by Ktulu - 01-27-2016, 03:06 PM