the Rift

I'll bite you | Gull Challenge

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull!
underneath it all, we're just savages

There’s nothing that kills the mood as quickly as an interloper…especially when said interloper is charging at you with over a thousand pounds of muscle and his ride-or-die snake, and both are jonesing for your blood. While most would hold this truth to be self-evident, it was a lesson that Gull was to learn the hard way today—and from none other than the one they called Gaucho the Wildfire.

Ah, silly boy. If only he hadn’t been so busy batting his eyelashes at Nephele, perhaps he would have noticed that something was amiss: namely, Horsey Hulk himself boiling over in the background. It was a mistake that would cost Gull dearly, for any chance of retreating evaporated as he taunted the mare. Not that it would have made much of a difference, to be fair, for what Gull lacked in brains he made up for in bluster. Provoking the reigning battle champion of the land, you say? Not a problem! He literally commands his own army? Even better! It would not have mattered if Gaucho had charged him now or later. Gull was not the type to stand down to a challenge, even to one as blatantly unbalanced as this one.

Still, it would have been nice to have seen it coming. Anticipating a blow from Nephele, the silver stag had been counting on a few seconds to shimmy away from any love-bites that she might send his way. Gaucho’s attack caught him off guard, and he squealed in surprise as the larger stallion surged toward him with a murderous expression on his face. The amorous grin flickered, then died as Gull realized too late the awkward position he was in: with wings outstretched and Gaucho barreling towards him like an out-of-control freight train, he stood to have a limb ripped off…like, now.

Panicking ever-so-slightly, the grullo snapped his wings shut and made to whirl away, hoping to buy himself some time. However, the sand underfoot made it difficult to go anywhere fast, and as luck would have it this put him in exactly the wrong place at exactly the wrong time. With the full length of his side exposed, Gaucho’s wrecking ball of a body slammed into Gull’s, and he heard a sickening crunch as bones succumbed to the overwhelming force. Gaucho’s teeth snapped shut on empty air, but the damage had been done. The section of Gull’s right wing just past the second joint had borne nearly the full brunt of the attack, and to his growing horror, now hung uselessly at his side. An unearthly scream filled the air as the injured stallion staggered sideways, eyes rolling in rage. He did not yet feel the pain (nor the slight pulse of the venomous scratch that Mara had left upon his neck like a ticking time bomb), but his body was burning nonetheless, yearning for revenge.

And somehow, underneath it all, lay the sting of betrayal. While of course, he had never fully expected the flaming Goliath to stand down, Gull hadn’t taken him to be one who fought dirty. With the primal dun’s bulk and fire, he had wrongly assumed him to be above that sort of behavior. But Gaucho had been the one to charge without warning, teeth bared like a wild animal, while he had proffered his body to the mare for the first strike. Still, Gull could have forgiven him even for that. He had been wrong to underestimate the brute’s cunning, unnecessary as it was. What lit the fuse in his chest was the sheer brutality the beast had displayed in his attack. While Gull could understand a fight to impress the lady, he could not comprehend its intensity. Was Gaucho prepared to maim him over a matter so ultimately trivial? Though they were rivals, Gull had trusted in some lost sense of brotherhood, never considering that one pegasus could hate another so much as to deprive him of the gift of flight. Until now, it had been unthinkable.  

However, the silver stallion would not go down without a fight. Injured wing clenched tightly to his side, he completed the clumsy pivot and rocked forward, putting his weight on his forelimbs as he thrust his back legs out violently in a series of bucks aimed at Gaucho’s head. Though kicking the playground bully in the face would by no means repay him for the damage he had inflicted today, it would be a heck of a consolation prize.

"talk talk talk"

WC: 746/800
Attack: 1/4
Summary: Gull tries to wheel away from the oncoming freight train Gaucho, but ends up exposing his full right side to the attack. In the process, a section of his right wing is broken, and Mara's fangs scrape his neck. Enraged, he lets loose a series of bucks aimed at Gaucho's head.

Image Credits || coding by Tamme, tweaked by Shady

@Gaucho
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Messages In This Thread
I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-22-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 12-23-2015, 05:16 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-26-2015, 02:16 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 12-29-2015, 04:45 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-31-2015, 10:59 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 01-03-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 01-04-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 01-07-2016, 04:45 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 01-08-2016, 12:20 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Blu - 01-08-2016, 01:35 PM