the Rift

I'll bite you | Gull Challenge

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull!
underneath it all, we're just savages

You know when things go from bad to worse? Well, it looked like Gull was having one of those days.  As soon as Gaucho’s flames found their mark, any luck that Gull might have formerly possessed seemed to have taken one look at the hulking demon it was up against and run screaming. While his luck went one way, Gull threw himself in the other, into the waves, and incidentally into the gaping jaws of misfortune, though he did not yet know it. The sea welcomed him with open arms, and he mistook it for a friend, exclaiming loudly in wordless relief as it quelled the flames on his rump. The salt stung fiercely in the fresh wound, but at last the burning grip was gone. Yet…still the sound of fire filled the air. Chest-deep in the ocean, Gull wheeled in horror, coming face to face with Gaucho’s burning eagles.

If his opponent had wanted to create a diversion, it was working well. Mara’s slender body slipping through the sea certainly paled in comparison to a flock of fiery birds hellbent on carrying out their master’s orders. As intended, Gull didn’t even notice the snake. He was too busy a) dodging the white-hot talons, and b) trying not to panic too  visibly over yet another display of Gaucho’s magic, because HELLO: the dun was conjuring fire demons. Fire demons!  What was next?? The larger stallion seemed to have an entire arsenal of magic at his disposal, and there was no telling what he’d reach for next in his little grab-bag of hurt. Even in his dilemma, Gull had to admit that it was  pretty badass.

Still, Gaucho’s magic show brewed resentment in the grullo’s belly. He could do little to escape as the flaming birds circled him, holding him in the place until their master could move closer—to gloat, no doubt, Gull thought darkly, yelping as one of the eagles swooped a tad too close for comfort. Cradling his injured wing and wincing at every spray of the seawater upon his already-blistering haunch, he glared at his opponent. Given Gaucho’s seeming fondness for excessive force, Gull had a feeling that the dun wasn’t quite done with him yet.
 “Back for more, are we?”
he muttered through gritted teeth, face contorted in pain.

As it turned out, he was right. However, it was not Gaucho who dealt the next blow, but Mara. Camouflaged in the waves, she had moved close enough to strike with savage accuracy, and her fangs found their mark deep in his shoulder. A startled stream of profanity spewed from his lips, and he rocked forward to buck…but found he could not. Injected by Mara’s paralyzing bite, Gull could only stumble a few steps forward before the magic took full effect, and then he could barely stand as every muscle in his body seemed to lock. Though his mouth was frozen shut, if he could have opened it, Gull would have screamed in terror. It was one thing to be body-checked, another to be set alight, but this? Thi s he could not outrun, this  he could not fight. It was a special form of torture, for it forced him to wallow in his helplessness, and that he could not stand.

What was more, the timing of Mara’s attack could not have been more devastating. As he stood, struggling against the bonds of the snake’s magic, the same tide that had soothed his burns now turned against him. Paralyzed, Gull could only watch in horror as a large swell grew, overwhelming in its massive size as it advanced upon him. For a moment, its shadow fell over his back…and then it slammed down upon him, shoving him under the churning water with brutal force. The breath was knocked from his lungs and his injured wing wrenched painfully from his side as the wave tumbled him violently, pummeling him underneath what felt like the wheels of a freight train. His body cried out for mercy, but the water took its time before spitting him unceremoniously onto the sand in a soggy and battered heap.

Disoriented as he was, the most primal part of Gull’s brain knew that he would have no time to recover. Choking and gasping, his body twitched, shaking off the final effects of Mara’s magic. In another bid for time, he coughed harder, reaching desperately for the magic that had helped him once before. If only he could get to his hooves, perhaps he would have a chance of making it out of this alive. As the black smoke spewed forth once more, he scrabbled in the sand, doing his best to stand. Gull didn’t want to think about what would happen if his offense failed—he had a feeling that Gaucho would have no mercy.

"talk talk talk"

Attack: 3/4
WC: 800/800
Summary: Runs into the ocean to soothe his burns, but is held in place by the fire-eagles and gets bitten by Mara. Paralyzed, is totaled by a wave. Sends more smoke at Gaucho while he tries to get back to his feet.

Image Credits || coding by Tamme, tweaked by Shady

@Gaucho
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Messages In This Thread
I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-22-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 12-23-2015, 05:16 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-26-2015, 02:16 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 12-29-2015, 04:45 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-31-2015, 10:59 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 01-03-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 01-04-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 01-07-2016, 04:45 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 01-08-2016, 12:20 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Blu - 01-08-2016, 01:35 PM