the Rift

[OPEN] Fly like a butterfly, bark like a Bee.

Sabre Posts: 21
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 years
Cutlass :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Reli
show me how defenseless you really are.
HA!

Like I’m going to let brother leave mother’s side alone and have all the fun.

Please.

I do not notice his release at first—I had wandered just a little bit away from the two of them, too eager and consumed with my own curiosity. A particular little insect had snatched my attention, luring me away with its buzzing and jumping, but when it disappears into the underbrush, my focus is quick to move somewhere else. Glancing over my shoulder with sheer boredom on my pale face, I see Ma motioning her permission to brother, and then he’s off. Scoffing, I march over, and prod her side impatiently.

Perhaps I am a little too hasty and brash with my nudging (neither brother nor I have escaped without punishment, a shallow gash behind my ear reminds me) and I recoil in an attempt to dodge any stray hooves or teeth. When Ma doesn’t lash out right away in scolding, I seize her approval and dash off with it, not caring to wait a moment longer and see if my impatience would catch up with me. Charging out of the shadows and into the violet rolling hills, I stretch my gangly legs to their full extent.

I

AM

FREEEEEEEEE!

Pinning my sights on my wombmate, I bow my body forward, bounding excitedly in the only gear I seem to know—fast and furious! As far as I know, I’m the fastest thing there is around! I pump my spindly legs furiously, the curly down of my mane and tail whipping as wildly as they can, the ground distorting into a blur beneath my hooves.

It’s like my body could swallow it if I wanted to.

I feel alight with the rush, throwing out some bucks and a breathless squeal for good measure, before I barrel to brother’s side. My chest heaves with excited breaths, my enthusiasm nearly bursting from my little body. We’re basically standing right in front of them before I notice the two strangers. I flick my ears back, instinctively defensive, but my curiosity is far too great to contain—especially in this heightened state—so I stay with him to inspect them. One (the biggest one) is familiar, shape-wise at least; he’s like Ma and that other stranger—like brother and I! Pure, I think is what Ma calls us.

Royalty.

I puff out proudly, having had this certainty drilled into me already. But…the other one—she is different. She is some kind of creature that, while vaguely recognizable, I have never seen before. I glance at brother when he questions the things that sprout from her sides (like a tumor, a sickness), and wrinkle my nose when I look back to the strange thing, issuing a graceless demand of my own: Wha’ are you?

notes; Don't mind her >.> <.< haha
“Speech.”
image credits
JOIN THE EMPIRE

[Image: pixel_i__sabre_by_xxcloudscollide_d9z9zr...9zbmnl.gif]
please tag Sabre in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
Fly like a butterfly, bark like a Bee. - by Areli - 12-22-2015, 03:47 PM
RE: Fly like a butterfly, bark like a Bee. - by Sabre - 12-26-2015, 03:09 AM