the Rift

my reality cannot live up to my fantasy [EXT]

Nymeria Posts: 182
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2hh :: 3 years HP: 69.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lilómiel :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Wanderer
I'LL BE YOUR DAYDREAM, I'LL WEAR YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS
Get drunk on the good life, I'll take you to paradise

When she thought about it, much of what her mother had told her wasn't said explicitly. It wasn't necessarily you'll be queen, or you'll be king, but this careful and gradual buildup, this natural expectation of greatness from her children. There just wasn't any other choice: Nymeria knew she was better than everyone else. She knew she had to be, because she was born that way, and raised that way, and groomed to perfectly fit her mother's ideals. Even what she doubted about herself, or doubted about her mother—it had all been planned, or at least so she had theorized. The more she thought about it, the more sense it seemed to make.

It was all bothering her. Her brother. Her mother. Her dragon. Her brother's gold—she should be hatched by now, shouldn't she?

So she stepped out into the battlefield and waited for war and ruin and destruction, because in the end, that was all she really was, all she ever would or could be. Others were kind and loyal and friendly, and others cared—but she... she hated and festered and hungered, and didn't feel what she should feel, and didn't care like she should. Over time, she'd become calloused, cruel, beyond what she expected; and she hated that, and hated herself, more than rationally, more than what she could explain.

The sun rose up over the horizon in a flare of gold and white, turning the sky to rose pink and pale lavender. Her tail swished across her legs, and she closed her eyes. With a tight little exhale, she put her hindquarters to the sun so that she was cast in shadow, painted in dark and nightmarish oblivion.

Stop fighting the inevitable.
Was it that complicated? Was it that difficult?

Out she cried into the desolate flats—a welcome scream for challenge, echoed by her dragon flying overhead.

Please. Let someone—anyone—come here so that she might fucking destroy them.

image credits

Tag: @Amaris
Timeline: Extended, if that works.
Setting: Halcyon Flats at sunrise. Quiet day with no wind.
Word Count: 331
Damage Tracker: N/A

OOC Notes: Magic and companions allowed. You can have first attack if you want!

Yes I lied, don't think about you all the time
All my switchblade words ain't aim to cut your sweet delusions

Messages In This Thread
my reality cannot live up to my fantasy [EXT] - by Nymeria - 12-22-2015, 05:33 PM