the Rift

my reality cannot live up to my fantasy [EXT]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Of all the places to find oneself, surely the Flats would be a good land to start.

It wasn't land per say, but rather the thin layer of saline water that covered the lands, that made it a wonder to behold. Amaris stood in its midst all throughout the night, watching as the heavens moved across the sky, marvelling at the nebulae as they were reflected and mirrored across the surface of the flats. For a time there seemed to be two moons smiling at her, one from the heavens and one from the land, yet the longer she peered at the wondrous sight the more it seemed as if both moons were in the sky, and she was simply in the sky too, with them, a part of them -

Was this how mother felt about the Moon Goddess? Enthralled by her existence, in a constant state of wonder of her capabilities? Truth be told Amaris felt that way about all of the deities of Helovia, though she had lived under the herds of two different (opposite?) ones for extended periods of her life. The dragonmare did not know how to devote herself to just one, to want to learn everything there was to learn about just one - she wanted to learn as much as she could about everything - and maybe that was why she was still lost.

Dawn happened with a scream, a cry, a challenge.

As twilight became purple and then orange and pink, the dragonmare heard the call. It echoed across the land-water, dancing upon the little ripples that grew outwards from her slender legs. Amaris turned her crown towards it, saw the one who called, with her dark dragon echoing the call again above her. The dragonmare moved to approach her, not necessarily to answer the call - and yet she would not deny the mare her bloodshed if she pushed for it. Amaris had fought before, she had sparred with her Gladiator at the time, Ampere, and had come out victor (though she hardly felt that way at the time!).

So she approached this mare, not with a mind to fight her, but with a mind to help her, in whatever way was needed. Amaris paused her approach at several body-lengths away, peering at the mare with a tingle of recognition trickling through her - not for the mare herself, but perhaps a relative - Volterra? He had mentioned a sister - but she did not think of him now, she thought only of this skull-painted creature before her, a potential threat to her peaceful enjoyment of the lands - but surely even Amaris could admit that peace sometimes grew boring, and chaos reminded one how to live again.

Maybe she did understand the Gods more than she thought.

467/800 words
0/3 attack posts

No matter how I write her Amaris refuses to make first attack lol, so please feel free to attack her first!

Extended timeline & companions & magic are all allowed ;D
@Nymeria
Amaris
minicooper93402 @ flickr & larfsalot @deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
RE: my reality cannot live up to my fantasy - by Amaris - 12-27-2015, 09:08 PM