the Rift

[PRIVATE] stay in the dark—

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
if there's no one beside you when your soul embarks
THEN I WILL FOLLOW YOU IN TO THE DARK

I cannot live with your hate. I cannot look at you and know that I am not allowed to greet, touch, love.’ What is there to say that he will listen to, when all of your words, your anger, your blame, have been so easily cast aside, fallen on deaf ears? You hide behind a thin veneer of emptiness, passiveness, as he begins to gain confidence, a viper coiled in waiting for the opportunity to strike. Even as your heart wavers, weakens, you cling tighter to your anger, too far gone, too far down this path of destruction, to ever consider any other way.  ‘No. I am not dead to you. I won’t allow it.’ Still you do not say, do not do, your lips pressed against each other in thin patience, your eyes all but swallowed in the intensity of his, trying nearly desperately to understand how he had ever captivated you so, seeing now only the trembling shadow of a coward.

As his head sags, yours rises in defiance, eyes narrowing ever so slightly as he moves to defend things he does not even understand. ’…for you to be mine. All mine.’ It is then that your confusion, your acidic hatred, seeps violently through the cracks and you nearly snarl at him, afraid of the way that his words pull so uncomfortably at your chest. “You’re right,” you spit, watching as that trembling shadow begins to hide. “you don’t know.” He continues to retreat, to hide, to run, and you only hate him more for it. Hate him because he had ruined something that had been so very special to you, hate him because he doesn’t even have the balls to face you, to own up to any of it. Hate him because you had loved him, loved him for everything that he was, is, never will be. So as he speaks again, whispers words that, at a time, would have destroyed you to hear, you lay down your defenses, smile a cold, knowing and calculating smile, despite the heat in your face, the wetness of your eyes, the distance in your heart, lips moving to speak once more.

“For once, we wish the same.”

And with that, one last glance and you turn from him as if it is the easiest thing you have ever done, instead of the way that it burns inside, your mind, heart, scrambling to make sense of the finality of goodbye.  

image credits

@Misael
only tagging cause i didn't know if you wanted to reply or not <3
sorry, completely forgot that i hadn't actually posted this XDD

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Messages In This Thread
stay in the dark— - by Enna - 12-24-2015, 12:59 AM
RE: stay in the dark— - by Misael - 12-25-2015, 01:04 AM
RE: stay in the dark— - by Enna - 12-28-2015, 01:06 AM
RE: stay in the dark— - by Misael - 01-01-2016, 02:16 AM
RE: stay in the dark— - by smitty - 02-03-2016, 01:03 AM