the Rift

[PRIVATE] Oh Uncle, Wherefor Art Thou

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

When the buckskin colt stepped forward and spoke to him, the words were Knox's. Archibald was made certain in his suspicion. He had many questions to ask his brother, but the time was not now. He would seek the broken, defective colt out in time and ask his questions. He would ask his brother to summon one he truly wished to interrogate. Nodding his great head and closing his molten eyes as the brother past into the shadows, Archibald stayed silent for some time.

Lifting his head after what seemed like an eternity of silent thought, the Dauntless looked below on golden eyes more like his own than the boy's father's. The eyes must have come from the mother, from Aylin, because Knox did not share the same genes as Archibald did to pass those molten, liquid gold eyes. Archibald knew this. He had looked into his father's lifeless eyes as he lay in his blood as a colt, Vincent shuddering beside him. The three had all shared those eyes, gold gld gold, Archibald Vincent Barret. The stallion sighed once more, lips tightening in a gloomed scowl.

Slowly, the mountain moved towards the mustard seed, each movement careful and controlled as he overtook the boy. Archibald's arching neck lowered, hesitating for only a split second, before pale lips began to groom along the child's withers. He was as gentle as he could manage, hoping not to harm the boy or his limp. The Czar had seen him move, seen the pain so clearly in the twitch of muscles. The face may hide suffering, but the rest of the body did not lie. Archibald knew how pain manifested, for he had inflicted it an unfathomable amount of times.

"You don't have to speak. Ever again, if you don't want." He started, between grooming the child, "You gain more information about the world when you're silent. You observe and you store." Loretta moved toward the child then, too. She looked up at him with pained amber eyes, and whined lightly. She was my sister. Tell him. Tell him I am sorry I couldn't protect her. She pleaded, ears lowering against her skull. Archibald, tell him.

ARCHIBALD the DAUNTLESS               

Call out to nobody, call out to me
Chip on the shoulder, the dime in the teeth

image credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
Oh Uncle, Wherefor Art Thou - by Knox - 12-24-2015, 09:29 PM
RE: Oh Uncle, Wherefor Art Thou - by Milo - 12-24-2015, 09:44 PM