the Rift

[JUDGED] Pick Up Your Feet [Ashamin v. Auriel]

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
I opened my eyes slowly, groaning when my vision was immediately met with blinding bright light. As much as I longed to pull my wing over my eyes and go back to sleep, I had to return to the Edge. I was frequently absent from my herd and tended to spend more time in fields and meadows, contemplating my life choices. One of those choices was joining the Edge, and making a commitment to it's protectors.

With this in mind, I reluctantly arose from my resting spot. So far, I had come to realize I was not all that great at protecting. My first spar with Volterra left me in a rather pathetic state. Simply thinking of him made my withers hurt. But I wouldn't give up on my job. I had decided that I would suck, and keep sucking until I didn't suck anymore. My mother had offered to teach me how to fight, the prospect sounding increasingly appealing the more I thought about it.

I decided today would be the day I took her up on that.

I began to carefully traverse the meadow's sludge of snow and mud, looking for a drier spot to take off at. But the ground beneath my hooves was more slippery than I had expected it to be, and I soon found myself stumbling into a bush.

It was then I found out I wasn't alone in the meadow.

My heart began to race, I could beating hear it in my ears. My breath was shaky, eyes wide and panicked as the horse on the other side of the bush addressed me.

He was looking for a fight.

I wasn't sure if I could do it. I had proved myself to be of no use in battle, but I longed to try again. The sound of his voice, dripping with the valiancy of a practiced warrior, invigorated me. I wanted to be honorable, I wanted to be strong, I wanted to be more than the weak little girl I was on the inside.

My gaze slipped between the leaves of the bush, eyeing the stallion that had issued the challenge. He was adorned in a great deal of amulets and armor and accompanied by a deer. His assets were certainly problematic. I had only a small dagger, practically a trinket compared to his arsenal. He was similarly to myself, though I was a bit more on the draft side than he. I figured I had to have a bit of strength on him (thanks, dad). Even from where I was, I could tell I was taller than him. After my spar with Volterra, I had realized that height was immensely important. To have a hand and some muscle on this stallion made me feel a bit more confident, a bit more motivated, perhaps even enough to want to show him (show myself?) I could be an honorable protector.

I inhaled deeply, steadying my breath and slowing my heart rate. The spar with my mother would simply have to wait, for I had a challenger here. I leapt abruptly from the bushes, my ascent sloppy and short due to the slippery ground. I spread my wings out a bit to lengthen my time in the air some, to get as close to the stallion as I could. A small smile crept onto my face, for I had a plan. I had suppressed my hesitation, my doubt, for there could be none of that in battle. I felt only brazen bloodlust, spurred on by my recent failure.

I can be better than that.

I tried to exhale my smoky breath toward the stallion's face, letting the small cloud plume about the air. My throat was immediately parched by my magic, making me wince and turn away from the stallion, for I did not want him to see that it hurt me as well. I swallowed, hard, in order to suppress the scratchiness of my throat somewhat. It helped little. To add to that discomfort, I landed in perhaps the most graceless display ever, slipping about on the sludge that covered the ground. I decided to aim myself at his left shoulder, hoping to slide harshly into his left shoulder and send him flying backwards. I figured if I was going to slip and slide, then I might as well make an attack out of it.

A technique that was not my own, but one I assumed would work in this case of height differences. It had worked when Volterra had used on me, so why wouldn't do the same in this case?

1/3
768/800
magic used - :: [ Magic: DarkxLight (U) | The ability to blow her smokey breath in other's faces and make them hallucinate their greatest fears and go wild, but the power parches her throat ]
:: [ Restrictions | The effects last for only 45 seconds and the parching of her throat restricts her to only one use in battle ]

(also: IAMSO SORRY FOR THE WAIT JEN ;~; I'll try to reply more timely from now on)
/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pick Up Your Feet [Ashamin v. Auriel] - by Auriel - 01-08-2016, 01:23 AM