the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Keep On Wanting

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Loretta continued to lick at her paws, though the fervor for it loosened some from her mind. The cur did not know how to deal with her grief, and so it began to manifest in anxious ticks--the paw licking being the first thing to appear. In Archibald's cold heart, he did love. He loved his deceased mate. He loved his children. He loved his herd. Above all else, however, he loved Loretta. She shared part of his soul and he her's. They were bonded. They shared a heart and a mind. They were aware of each other's most intimate and hidden details.

One could not exist without the other.

"She is grieving her sister." Archibald spoke calmly, but his voice was laced with the shared sadness he felt from his companion. "Knox--my brother--lost his companion to the Tiger God fight. We buried her in the Falls, where she belonged." Archibald paused, aware suddenly of Resplendence pressing into his side. "I don't know what to do for her." He admitted, voice tightening with a sudden anger. The anger was directed at himself, for his inadequate ability to cure his companion's grief.

Archibald sighed, lifting golden eyes from his malamute to look on the familiar, ethereal body of his former underling. Alysanne.

Resplendence greeted the mare warmly enough, and Archibald simply composed himself. His face became stone and his posture straightened. The pegasus healer had chosen to stay in the World's Edge after the invasion. Archibald had not felt betrayed by the decision until he looked upon her face now, here in this Thistle Meadow where they all received gifts of Yule. How could the woman choose to live under the hoof of such tyranny? The Moon Goddess was a snake, a murderous woman with no credible alibi. The thought of staying within the misted borders made the Czar's stomach turn.

"Alysanne." He finally greeted her, chin nodding curtly but shallowly.

Archibald the Dauntless    
It's a long and lonely road, when you know you walk alone
DRAWING BY AEOLLE

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
!! Keep On Wanting - by Resplendence - 12-25-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: !! Keep On Wanting - by Archibald - 12-28-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: !! Keep On Wanting - by Alysanne - 12-29-2015, 08:51 PM