the Rift

[OPEN] And stumble into the sky

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy

She smiled with soft endearment at the moon boy, her heart filling with sullen tenderness for her old friend. The days when they knew each other best were long past, painted in a sorrowful light within her memory. Her mother was long gone, she assumed her father was as well, along with so many she used to know. Reminiscing on even the happiest of moments with Mesec were tainted in her mind by the despair she felt of losing it all.

The maiden was grateful for his chuckle, for it distracted her from melancholy memories. She smiled, looking up tenderly at the hybrid as he spoke. The Throat? He joined the Throat? She found this surprising, finally noticing the smell of sand that clung to his coat. The desert was about as far from the ice capped mountains of the north as one could get. She supposed this made sense, though, for the Basin used to take less kindly to those with wings.

"I understand," She murmured, her emerald gaze drifted down her friend, falling to her cloven hooves. She wished she would have done more for him in their younger days, made some memories perhaps a bit less painful for both of them to remember. But she could not dwell on this regret, no matter how tempted she was to.

The muddled mare was silent for a moment, only looking back to her friend when he asked her a question. She smiled solemnly, nodding slowly in response. "I left once—twice, but the Basin beckons me. I hate to think I've outgrown it, but adjusting to the unfamiliar faces is..difficult," She admitted softly, her last words diminishing into nothing more than a whisper.

FROST FYRE
Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change.

image credits

@Mesec so sorry for the wait!!
Dawn is coming
open your eyes

Messages In This Thread
And stumble into the sky - by Frost Fyre - 12-26-2015, 09:24 AM
RE: And stumble into the sky - by Mesec - 01-02-2016, 03:59 PM
RE: And stumble into the sky - by Frost Fyre - 01-10-2016, 05:24 PM
RE: And stumble into the sky - by Mesec - 01-24-2016, 04:08 PM
RE: And stumble into the sky - by Frost Fyre - 02-21-2016, 04:45 PM