the Rift

[OPEN] Origami heart

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
Whatever reaction he might have expected - Mesec hadn’t received it, not fully. There was warmth from Mauja - a welcomed replacement for some of the most recent memories that were associated with the spotted unicorn. He fought off the flashes of when they had stood (and knelt) together over Aviya’s body in the Green Labyrinth - Mesec’s grief far too consuming for him to react at the time to everything else that had been happening.

But the warmth from Mauja was immediately contrasted by the chill from the pale filly. All hints of a smile crumbled immediately though it took a couple seconds for Mesec to realize that it had been his presence to cause her to scramble from her spot and go to hide behind Mauja - this had to be the first time he had ever evoked such a response. The cause for her terror was bewildering and the demigod took a few steps back - hoping that the distance would make her feel better. He searched his mind for something, anything, that he might have done to warrant such a reaction but it wasn’t until she spoke that it settled on him.

Wolf.

Bewilderment changed swiftly into despair with that one word. His wings and head sagged a little at this discovery, furthering his intent to make himself seem less threatening. He almost wished that she would let the arrow fly and hit its mark - if he had hurt her then it was no less than he deserved. If! He hated how he didn’t remember any of it, how he relied on the memories of others to tell him what had happened when he was a wolf. “I--” Mesec faltered, not knowing where to start. Mauja had said the girl’s name, at least, so he had that to go off of at least. Silver gaze looked over to the unicorn stallion for a moment, as though to seek help, but there was nothing that could be done. “Did I hurt you in the Labyrinth, Erthë?” Najya had told him that he had struck out at those around him and then gone to fight the wolves from the other god. Ampere, Megaera, they had all been close at hand but no one had mentioned this. If he had struck out at this young filly, he wasn’t surprised his friends had hidden the fact. “I’m so sorry if I did. I wasn’t in control, it wasn’t me. I would never...” He'd apologize until the end of time if he could, if it would help. His silver eyes shone now but there was a glassy sheen to them caused by fresh tears that would not yet spill over.

“I turned into a wolf - I think my mother might've done it to help with the battle... only it took over.” He didn't even have any real answers, and he wasn't sure whether explaining it helped at all, but he kept his head lowered just slightly to try and show that in this form she had no reason to fear him.

while the rain water washes away who you are
we'll go over the mountains and under the stars
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Origami heart - by Erthë - 12-26-2015, 09:45 AM
RE: Origami heart - by Mauja - 12-27-2015, 05:16 AM
RE: Origami heart - by Mesec - 12-28-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: Origami heart - by Erthë - 01-14-2016, 06:50 AM
RE: Origami heart - by Mauja - 01-18-2016, 06:49 AM
RE: Origami heart - by Mesec - 01-24-2016, 05:04 PM