Rook Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Rook

I've become so numb, I can't feel you there
Become so tired, so much more aware
I'm becoming this, all I want to do
Is be more like me and be less like you

He seemed uncomfortable, recoiling from her tail flick. It was not meant as the teasing of a seductress.....but perhaps that was how he had taken it. A strange look crossed his face and Rook felt her pride burn.....she knew she was not a beautiful creature....not in the least.....but the thought that something as simple as touching the long whips of her tail repulsed him hurt...well.....not in the technical way. But she felt her chest burn from the inside, growing larger and larger by each passing second until she felt she was ready to burst. However he pushed on and his words were enough to distract her from her aching pride. His scattered herd...so he was a fallen king. He seemed regal in demeanor though not haughtily so...well....except for his little balking stint when she touched him.... "Rook." And then he gestured at her horn with his own staff, questions bubbling on his white lips...She winced, immediately regretting that she had been so receptive towards a stranger....she should have just kicked him with an enormous cloven hoof and walked away...Her head moved side to side slowly, eyes fading even in the bright morning light.

"....everyday."

She froze, shocked that her own voice had betrayed her....and then shouldering her resolve she snorted, tossing her long obsidian bangs from her eyes. "...I tried to remove it." She said curtly, locking eyes with the stallion and challenging him to ask even more prying questions. "And you......how did you lose your kingdom? From the way you speak it sounds as if you herd followed you, were you dethroned?" She wasn't mocking him....well...maybe she was, payback for asking such personal questions. She tilted her skull to better see him with her golden eye, another rivulet of blood emerging from the top of her horn only to spiral around and around it like a vine. Briefly her eyes flicked to the young owl skittering across his back in hopping movements before locking back on his pale face, an undeniable challenge in her eyes. She did not fear this stallion....she did not fear anyone, the worst they could do was kill her and even then she would simply drift away in sleepy fog.....She truly had nothing to fear, and that made her a dangerous creature. Lifting one massive hoof she let the tip of it lean against the ice, her long muscled limb curving into a relaxed state.

"speech"

Messages In This Thread
So much more aware.... ((OPEN)) - by Rook - 10-09-2012, 05:18 PM
RE: So much more aware.... ((OPEN)) - by Mauja - 10-10-2012, 08:16 AM
RE: So much more aware.... ((OPEN)) - by Rook - 10-10-2012, 09:40 AM
RE: So much more aware.... ((OPEN)) - by Mauja - 10-12-2012, 12:11 PM
RE: So much more aware.... ((OPEN)) - by Rook - 10-12-2012, 03:24 PM