the Rift

[OPEN] Am I really doing this?

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
The King studied me, this I took note of. My pale amber eyes were flooding with concern, and I had to do my best to keep my features from displaying similar tepidity. When the King's gaze moved from mine to address Argen, this calmed me somewhat. He, at least, valued what I had to say. My gaze slipped to the equine's as well, hopeful in his response. I was expecting an apology (he did, after all, wish to join the herd).

But I was disappointed.

His words sank into my skin like venom from a viper. My face falls, my head shaking slowly back and forth. I was unused to hearing words that so blatantly degraded me. Even after I fled from the protection of my mother, I had yet to hear anyone speak ill of me in front of my face. In truth, my rage had boiled, and evaporated. I wanted to hold the broken stallion who stood before me, and whisper the rights to his wrongs in his ears.

He was very wrong.

I hesitated to say anything, for I felt the response was more so directed at the King than spat at myself. But another joined our gathering, one of a size that could rival only Tembovu's. For a moment, I forget about the equine before me to ponder how many more gigantic stallions lurked here.

But his words were directed at Argen, and so, my thoughts slipped back onto the spotted stranger. His words were of silk and malice entwined into daggers. He stood mostly on my side of the argument (if you could call it that), which I appreciated from the horse I barely knew. He called me the princess, a title only I had used for myself till then. I used it lightly, never out loud, and rarely to define myself, as I had lived the majority of my life as an outcast or a refugee. Even now, princess was a stretch. If anything, I was a lowly protector.

Although, I was coming to learn that I could be regarded as a princess, and so, in that moment I slipped dutifully into the role. I gave a grateful nod to the stranger unicorn, who I deemed no threat as he smelled of the Edge (and something else foreign to me, but I would have to ask later) before turning my attention back to Argen.

"I ask not for whatever warped definition of respect you crutch upon, but only to be treated with equal amounts of altruism that I have shown you," I spoke calmly, my smoky breath unfurling around my pale lips. I shook my head slowly, features clearly pained I had to say this at all. "Has someone hurt you? Is that why you cannot accept the very notion that pleasantry exists?" I looked away, a metamorphosis overtaking my body. I stood to my full height, and my features creased, showing the reminisce of the adult I could be, rather than the girl I chose to portray myself as. I did not wait for an answer from the stallion, nor did I expect or need one. I turned my gaze back on Argen, this time, it's pale amber tones looking especially malice.

"I would rather end such a trivial spat than mull over it any longer. However, I would like to request that you don't even think of kissing my ass, got it? I am Auriel, Protector of the World's Edge, daughter of the Queen and bane of your existence. Do you believe you could truly be a suitable herdmate, Argen? Could you show not only Tembovu, my mother, and Nyx respect, loyalty, but the herd?" I spoke, wisps of smoke unraveling around my lips, smoky lyrics forbidding and grim, a stark contrast to the usual cheeriness that usually rang in my melodies. I was desperate to keep the peace at the border, but I wanted to make sure this stallion knew what it meant to join this herd, to become my brother.

/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
Am I really doing this? - by Argen - 12-26-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Auriel - 12-26-2015, 05:02 PM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Tembovu - 12-29-2015, 02:41 AM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Nyx - 12-30-2015, 08:46 AM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Argen - 01-12-2016, 12:53 PM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Auriel - 01-17-2016, 12:35 AM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Tembovu - 01-17-2016, 02:17 PM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Nyx - 01-18-2016, 02:49 PM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Argen - 01-19-2016, 05:26 PM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Kiuaji - 01-19-2016, 06:32 PM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Auriel - 01-19-2016, 11:54 PM