the Rift

[PRIVATE] lost and found

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

I could see immediately the affect my saying 'no' to an adventure with him had, it was hard not to. The way his ears fell, the look on his face, it all screamed at me that I'd hurt his feelings and I did feel bad for that, but .... why would I just run off with him? Why, when I'd only met him once before, when I'd wanted to make a friend of him, when he'd just disappeared without a trace just like his brother had? Why was it that everyone who disappeared and came back just wanted everything to be like it was before? Time didn't stand still in their absence, it moved forward, we changed, adapted to things that happened to us in our lives while they were out living their own. They couldn't, he couldn't, just come back and pick up where we left off as if nothing happened. It didn't work that way.

When Ivezho answered my question in that harsh way he did I had to bite down on my tongue to keep my mother from spilling out of my mouth. I snorted and my ears tilted back against my head and as I watched him, wondering what he was going to spit at me next. I wondered why he wouldn't he would say he went everywhere but back to the Throat. Wasn't that where he lived? Wasn't that where his family was? There were so many questions I had but I wondered if I'd be able to ask them all or if he'd walk away because I denied him the adventure we'd talked about so many seasons ago.

"I waited for you, y'know." I murmured. "I didn't know where you went, but I figured you'd be back in the Throat when you were ready for an adventure... but you're here ... you just didn't come back home. Why...?" But I was cut off by him saying he didn't belong in the Throat or anywhere. "That's bull and you know it." I snorted. "Look at you." I said and I stepped forward, my head tilting as I looked over him, still marveling at how he glowed. "You glow like you were made from the Sun himself. You belong in the Throat." I stopped only a few steps away and my expression softened from what it had been when he'd answered my question of where he'd been. "You belong there more than I do..."

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

@Ivezho

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
lost and found - by Ranjiri - 12-28-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: lost and found - by Ivezho - 12-29-2015, 09:34 PM
RE: lost and found - by Ranjiri - 12-31-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: lost and found - by Ivezho - 01-10-2016, 04:04 AM
RE: lost and found - by Ranjiri - 01-11-2016, 02:30 PM