the Rift

[PRIVATE] lost and found

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

He avoided my question of if he truly knew me or anyone else in the Throat by focusing again on blood, saying that it meant nothing. "No." I objected. "It defines who we are. Your blood makes you the son of Gaucho the Wildfire and Sohalia the Transcended. Mine makes me the daughter of Midas the Gallant and Ktulu the Constrictor." Shouldn't those names alone make us want to strive to excellence? Shouldn't it make us proud to some from such strong lines? Shouldn't it mean something to us? "To say that blood means nothing is like saying that our families, where we come from means nothing. I'm can't believe that. I won't." But he was saying that his inactivity and absence made him unworthy of his blood. "If that were true then don't you think everyone, at some point, would be unworthy? You're not alone, Ivezho. And I don't think you're unworthy of anything."

I hoped that he would take to heart what I said and stop feeling so down about himself. He wasn't the first to run off on his own and he certainly wouldn't be the last. At least he had come back after being gone. There were many that disappeared and stayed gone and ended up being little more than a memory.

When he admitted that he wanted to go back to the Throat there was a spark of hope in my heart. When he admitted that he was scared I moved to brush my muzzle against his cheek.
"There's nothing to be afraid of." I murmured. "They're your family and they love you. They'll take you back just like they took Zenobia back. And if they don't.... then I'll leave with you." I offered, because I didn't want my friend to be alone in the off chance (which I highly doubted) that his family would reject him.

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

@Ivezho

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
lost and found - by Ranjiri - 12-28-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: lost and found - by Ivezho - 12-29-2015, 09:34 PM
RE: lost and found - by Ranjiri - 12-31-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: lost and found - by Ivezho - 01-10-2016, 04:04 AM
RE: lost and found - by Ranjiri - 01-11-2016, 02:30 PM