the Rift

[PRIVATE] lost and found

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
Ivezho
She spoke the names of his parents, and he felt the blows like daggers through his heart.

It wasn't that he hated his parents - quite the opposite. They were beloved of the land, crucial to its welling and success, and, as proven by his mother's disappearance, affected the lives of many when they weren't present.

How was he, Ivezho, meant to live up to that? Blood means nothing when it comes to who I am - why can't she see that? It was too much pressure, too much expectation - it was easier for him to deny the importance of blood than to recognise it and fail to meet its standard.

"Maybe at some point in their lives, everyone is unworthy, Ranjiri. Everyone makes mistakes. Has regrets." His words were quiet, ominous, perhaps even a bit defeated. He didn't agree with her, that blood defined who a being was - he didn't want that princely title that came when others heard of names like Wildfire and Transcended, he didn't want to live up to anyone's expectations, especially when he couldn't even live up to his own.

Her touch sent a shiver through him, her words of comfort barely heard. They love you, she said, they'll take you back, she reassured - but how could she know, how could she be so certain? At the mention of his only older sibling he brightened a bit, ears pricking. Zenobia?

Her final offer of abandoning the lands for him caused him to laugh a bit - not in rejection of the offer, but rather in astounded surprise. "I wouldn't let you throw your life away for the likes of me," he said, lipping at her nearby whiskers playfully, before moving to nudge the tips of her ears with his maw affectionately. "I suppose there's only one way to find out for sure what they'll do.." and here he pulled away from her, a springy trot stretching his legs out as he rounded the edge of the pond, before pausing abruptly and looking to her with a playful, quizzical expression upon his façade.

"Are you coming?"

veerdesigns | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Ranjiri

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
lost and found - by Ranjiri - 12-28-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: lost and found - by Ivezho - 12-29-2015, 09:34 PM
RE: lost and found - by Ranjiri - 12-31-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: lost and found - by Ivezho - 01-10-2016, 04:04 AM