the Rift

[OPEN] Anew.

Caneo Posts: 133
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3h :: 6 years HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Ophiria :: Dragon Snake :: None kae

If Caneo paused to think on it, he might realize the challenge of Ampere's gaze reminds him of something (someone) he once thought lost. Eager to look forward rather than behind, he refuses to do so, and the hard gaze of the last soldier he truly knew stares at him from a semi-conscious place. He might have been something more deadly if that old man never died; he might be something deadly now, watching with cool, half-amused eyes as the pegasus sinks her teeth into his mild taunt and hurls it back at him, just as gracefully.

He likes her.

It is not a conscious like, or the same like he feels for Tandavi and Essetia, but his heart beats as if it remembers life and how to run. A soft snort is all he gives her, a shadow of a laugh, to acknowledge her rebuttal. It is a good one, and better than violence, so maybe he underestimated her at first. Caneo is glad he's kept most of his hand a secret, now, and kept his words polite. But then the conversation carries on, and Ampere's next question strikes him much harder than her flippant remark, and he is quiet, quiet, quiet.

Thinking.

He did not want to answer such a question, yet. He feels either way it will be a lie; after all, who sees the future? Who knows what will become of him, or anyone, or who he will meet in the heat of day with sand in his hooves? But Caneo thinks too of winter, the unyielding teeth at his back driving him forward just as Essetia gently leads. And he thinks, loyalty is a practical price to pay for life. He is no longer a child content to roam, hanging on to life by threads, grasping and wondering and dreaming. Caneo is very still.

"I would like to stay," he admits, slowly, as if the words are heavy now and he must judge the value of each one. He gazes squarely at Ampere, for she is the one of rank at this meeting, and his answer to her means more than anything he might say to his friend as far as fortunes go. Telling a king you wish to serve him is different than telling someone else you want to serve the king, after all. Caneo, who has little familiarity with such things, knows only the tragedy of his first home and the aimlessness of all others. He isn't certain if he will find something else here or not. He wants desperately to try. "I was born in the desert," he says. "I think I will like your kingdom better than the snow." This is the only reference he will give to his past here in Helovia, or his singular (halfhearted) attempt at becoming a member of the Aurora Basin. "Do you have room in your herd for another spy?"

sxc.hu

* violence & magic use always permitted *
Do not tag Caneo unless you are starting a new thread you would like me to see! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Anew. - by Caneo - 12-28-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: Anew. - by Ampere - 12-29-2015, 03:50 AM
RE: Anew. - by Essetia - 12-29-2015, 10:38 PM
RE: Anew. - by Caneo - 01-01-2016, 07:36 PM
RE: Anew. - by Ampere - 01-04-2016, 12:21 AM
RE: Anew. - by Essetia - 01-04-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: Anew. - by Caneo - 01-04-2016, 11:44 PM
RE: Anew. - by Ampere - 01-10-2016, 08:05 PM
RE: Anew. - by Essetia - 01-10-2016, 11:26 PM
RE: Anew. - by Caneo - 01-11-2016, 01:38 PM
RE: Anew. - by Essetia - 01-12-2016, 09:17 PM