the Rift

[OPEN] [PAINTING LESSON] Blank Canvas

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
I’m fresh out of synonyms for wonderful but I would use them all to describe the company that joined us in the tent. Well, all except for one - this elderly chap that literally dumped his contribution. Well. Honestly I don’t even know what to say in response to that completely unexpected turn of events and I don’t think anyone else does either. Ashamin tried though, asking him to tuck it away. I’d honestly craft up a piece of cloth to cover it up if that wasn’t such a waste of the materials in my bag and suddenly I’m quite glad that I didn’t place them down anywhere. I take great pride in my work and don’t want it soiled!

Luckily there were other things to focus on.

Deimos joins us and is his usual sunshine self, Rexanna who I happily return the bump of greeting - grinning brightly at her and giving meaningful looks over to Ashamin. If I had eyebrows they’d be wiggling away. The kid from these two was going to be just adorable and I couldn’t wait!

But I’m distracted from asking any questions by a request from the happy father. “I would love to, Ashamin! Any colour requests? We’ve got all the materials to make something truly wonderful today!” He could paint it afterwards, sure, but I wanted to make sure that everything was perfect for him.

A happy whicker is my greeting of the bay beauty Lena. “Hello Lena! Anything you want! This tent could use some more decorating, for sure, and Deimos could use a little sparkle.” A side-look given to their Lord and I make sure to wink so that they could both see and understand that I was (mostly) joking. Well, okay, I’m only joking because I’m worried that I might get shish-kebabed if I touch a hair on our Lord. I’d love to, of course, but I think he needs to warm up to me a little bit.  

Erebos whips in and out in a flurry of excitement and I’m happy to see the blue colt again! More delightful company follow him - my sweet friend Tiamat among them. I chuckle heartily at her use of ‘sir’ and am willing to play along with our joke from last time - bending a knee so that I am bowing her to. “Princess Tia! I am yours to command.” And, of course, I’m delighted over this idea so I stay absolutely still (which is no small feat for me) while she presses her shell into me a couple times and forms the most beautiful heart! “Oh Tia I love it!” Truly!

“Your turn!” I know everyone’s entranced by painting on the tent but I’m much more interested in painting things on my friends. I rummage in the pile of supplies until I find a bundle of berries that I think will make a good shade of purple and then a branch that fits comfortably in my mouth - the shoots of an evergreen tree work perfectly!

I waddle back over to Tiamat and am trying so hard to figure out what I should do. Or maybe it’s not so hard after all! With more care that I’ve really given anything in awhile (because I don’t want to mix this up) I use the soft new shoots of a balsam fir to brush a purple heart onto Tiamat’s hip. The base of it, the point, curled into a small spiral that he was incredibly proud of. “Now we match!”

come with me, honey
I'm your sweet sugar candyman
image credits

@Ashamin, @Deimos, @Lena, @Tiamat mentioned most!
HE GAVE TIA A CUTIE MARK
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Messages In This Thread
[PAINTING LESSON] Blank Canvas - by Ashamin - 12-29-2015, 12:26 PM
RE: [PAINTING LESSON] Blank Canvas - by Johnny - 12-31-2015, 09:18 PM
RE: [PAINTING LESSON] Blank Canvas - by Deimos - 01-02-2016, 07:36 PM
RE: [PAINTING LESSON] Blank Canvas - by Albrecht - 01-03-2016, 08:36 AM
RE: [PAINTING LESSON] Blank Canvas - by Rexanna - 01-04-2016, 04:17 PM
RE: [PAINTING LESSON] Blank Canvas - by Ashamin - 01-12-2016, 11:43 AM