the Rift

Scree[ms] In the Darkness ((OPEN))

Scree Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The giggle pierced her ears as the lightning and thunder cracked in the sky. The first drops of downpour splattered against her black coat and she raised her eyes to the sky. The rabbit, half devoured and half rotted, had fallen again and lay limp. The crazy mare that controlled it, it seemed had let it lay this time. Scree watched her warily. Insanity was as dangerous as anything else and if she took her eyes off the mare, she feared that she would be attacked. Scree was not trusting, and she was cautious around horses she feared would be sent of the deep edge, as this mare appeared to be.

"There is no need," Scree responded, horror leaking into her voice, "you cross many lines mare, this is not something to be played with. Death is permanent, holds a permanence that nothing else does. That is the way of the world." Her voice was softer now. She had not lost anything but her half formed child, and she knew that it would have sickened her to see even that dead thing walking and animated by some black magic.

Monsters, she was facing one and she was afraid. Fear, an emotion that had not gripped her since her youth. She struggled with it, seeking to cast it off. Finally, her internal struggle forgotten, she straightened and looked the mare in the eye, meeting those curious orange, triangular things with her own chocolate orbs.

"I fear that which is unnatural, incomplete that may make me, but if so I prefer to remain incomplete. I do not understand your magic, mare, and I do not care to. Now, if you are quite done with your...pet," the mare paused and continued on, "perhaps we can be civil with each other?" It was a desperate hope, but Scree was tired of playing the frightened filly. She had a mission to accomplish, and this mare was not helping.

Messages In This Thread
Scree[ms] In the Darkness ((OPEN)) - by Scree - 10-09-2012, 08:50 PM
RE: Scree[ms] In the Darkness ((OPEN)) - by Scree - 10-10-2012, 07:33 AM
RE: Scree[ms] In the Darkness ((OPEN)) - by Scree - 10-10-2012, 12:42 PM
RE: Scree[ms] In the Darkness ((OPEN)) - by Scree - 10-10-2012, 02:20 PM
RE: Scree[ms] In the Darkness ((OPEN)) - by Scree - 10-10-2012, 03:06 PM
RE: Scree[ms] In the Darkness ((OPEN)) - by Scree - 10-10-2012, 08:26 PM