the Rift

[PRIVATE] Holding Out

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
A S H A M I N
on his own

There is something about the stallion that is, to say the least, off-putting. Ashamin watches him carefully, holding his own breath and eyeing the stranger even as the greeting was reciprocated. Volterra, as he learned the other's name was, looked to be about half his age but significantly stronger and well, larger. The offer of pain coming from him, a total stranger met just moments ago, was troubling.

Who would offer to hurt someone they'd just met so readily?

Ashamin's tail lashed behind him when his head could not shake. It was the snake in the grass, the expression of all he had to hide. He tried to focus on the dragons, who seemed less threatening and more beautiful now that they were closer. The threat diminished further when earth rose beneath the red one and lifted him up; the antics were comical, nothing to be scared of. "It's a pleasure," Ashamin breathed absently and belatedly. Who knew if that were true; maybe this would be the worst day of his life.

But the sharpening of the plateau, the sudden instrument of violence made from earth, clarified the haruspex's understanding. This stallion was offering to hurt him. This stallion was offering to hurt him with that. "Fascinating," he unconsciously let loose from under his breath. He was a haruspex, after all; dangerous as it was, magic in all of its forms would always fascinate him.

He wanted to say, very kindly and with the tact that always inhabited him, no thank you. He thought wildly, you're crazy, that's a damn spike, you could kill me with that and I don't know that you wouldn't. Are you insane? Are you insane? Are you INSANE?

But Ashamin simply shuddered, simply stepped further from the stallion and put forth his leg (how else could he be injured by that spike without his organs shutting down?), and shrugged his shoulders like there was nothing else to do.

"Do your worst, then, Volterra."

(table by Tamme)

@Volterra

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Holding Out - by Ashamin - 12-30-2015, 08:46 AM
RE: Holding Out - by Volterra - 12-30-2015, 09:02 AM
RE: Holding Out - by Ashamin - 12-30-2015, 09:15 AM
RE: Holding Out - by Volterra - 12-30-2015, 09:35 AM
RE: Holding Out - by Ashamin - 12-30-2015, 09:51 AM
RE: Holding Out - by Volterra - 12-30-2015, 10:13 AM
RE: Holding Out - by Ashamin - 01-04-2016, 09:27 PM
RE: Holding Out - by Volterra - 01-09-2016, 08:59 AM
RE: Holding Out - by Ashamin - 01-24-2016, 05:44 PM