the Rift

Poison In Our Veins [COMPLETED]

Dahlia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: e5HO6yZ.png]

The weather was beginning to transition quickly and soon the sun would be gradually descending from the sky. Few gusts of wind began to pick up force and with each passing minute Dahlia’s bones began to chill a little more. She would most likely freeze to death if she was not found in the time that she was. Hell, if she had it her way, there would never be a winter or snowfall in the first place. She abhorred the ivory thickness. All it did was grant death and illness upon the land. Foliage withered, the homeless froze, and everyone was generally more miserable. Nothing pleasurable came from it. Only to the yearlings was it fun. Though, they thought everything  was amusing. You could put a stick in front of them and they would spend hours on end coming up with new ways to play with it. Oh, how she missed the foals, the ones in her old herd. Her childhood friends too. They always held a special place in her frosted heart, but they all despised her now, so what was the point in missing them when all they did was celebrate her departure?

Dahlia sighed as a handful of lyrics disintegrated the memories of the foals. “It is a pleasure, Caenan. I am Soren.” The vixen slightly perked up at the name, her auditives inching forward as the stallion completed his sentence. Soren. Hm, I like it. Dahlia was actually quite fond of names and disliked how others often tossed them around and treated them as any other word. She found them interesting and far too important to consider overrated. A single vocal structure could hold so many memories and so many emotions. That single word could either make your heart flutter, break, or simply just beat like any other day.

Before she was able to introduce herself to the two, she was cut off once again. Now, it was Soren who rambled. He spoke of the herd lands in great detail while Dahlia carefully constructed an image in her mind for each one. They all sounded so promising, so unique, somewhere she wouldn’t mind calling...home. “If you wish to know more about the Hidden Falls, I can certainly answer any of those questions.” Dahlia tossed the few dark tendrils that lightly curtained her eyes to the side before glinting a delicate smile to both of the stallions. “The falls sound like an exquisite home,” she paused, gathering ideas on how to put her thoughts into words. “...but it would be idiotic for me to narrow down my options so soon.”  

Dahlia turned her attention to Caenan as if to speak, but Soren decided to take the words right out of her own mouth. “Where do you hail from, Caenan? Perhaps you would like to tell the lovely lady about it? I don’t want to do all the talking.” And with that, Caenan seemed to shake the whole forest with his full-hearted laugh. She was frankly surprised at how much he had seemed to be enjoying this. Was there something that she was missing? A joke that she had not caught on to? Whatever it was, she wasn’t sure whether to perceive the bay stallion to be a joyful person or a sinister one. It could go either way at this point. It was always the sinister ones who seemed to laugh the most. Though, she could be completely wrong. “Of course, Soren. I have recently come to be a Protector to the Edge.” The mare shuffled through her thoughts again. Edge.  Ah, World’s Edge - that’s it! “It is a land where you are lulled to sleep by the waves crashing against the cliffsides and where rolling mists are there to greet you in the morn.” And just like that, Dahlia was already entranced into the imagery of her resting among the cliffs as the melodic repetition of the waves unfolded against the land. It was almost orgasmic.

Then, the question they were all waiting for. “What brings you to Helovia?” Well, it had never really occurred to Dahlia why she chose the direction she did. Truthfully, she had no idea she was going to end up here - or anywhere for that matter. She was just going to continue treading through every possible maze until she found the one that she admired most. Though it was Helovia that marked and ‘X’ over her final destination. “I guess I had a craving for adventure, or perhaps it was boredom.”  Hidden beneath the mare’s vocals were the thudding daggers of a stallion. He entered with poise, his heavier build leaving deeper imprints within the moss. He was marvelous. His stature, his cloak, his antlers, and gosh- those colors. His pelt  was shimmering so gracefully in connection with the setting sun. It was like her own personal sunset wrapped into a life-size present just for her, and she wasn’t complaining. Dahlia nearly jumped him right then and there.

“Good evening.” It was such a simple two-worded greeting but it sparked a flutter in the mare’s soot heart. Deep down, she hoped he would ask her to reside with him as well. The more, the merrier. “Can I offer you my cloak, m’lady? It’s very cold this afternoon.” With all the new introductions floating about, Dahlia was completely oblivious of her noticeable shivering. Before able to reply, Caenan took the offer into his own hands. She let out a half hearted giggle before passing her eyes to the golden stallion once more.  “I think I will be alright for now, thank you. However, if it is the forest that I sleep tonight, I may have to take you up on that offer.” She paused, looking around at the crowd who surrounded her before allowing the stallion to continue, “I am Tilney of the World’s Edge, which of you crosses the threshold for the first time this day?” “Ah, there’s my cue.” She delivered a playful giggle to the stallions. “The name’s Dahlia. Pleasure to meet you.”

Then, another presence greeted us. This one, mare. It was damn about time. If one more stallion approached her, there was a likely chance she was going to be strangled with all of that testosterone. The majority of the newcomer’s bodice was bay, though she possessed unique ivory markings among her skull. They started at the edge of her mouth and traveled around the eye before wrapping around her forehead. “Am I late to the party or is that still considered fashionable?” Her orbs traveled from each pair of eyes before resting among mine last. “They’re better looking in the Dragon’s Throat, but that’s just my opinion, I’m Essetia by the way, a spy from the South. I reckon you’re in the market for a place to take refuge and I’d like nothing more than to show you the desert from which I hail. I can promise that it won’t disappoint.” Sure enough, Dahlia’s naive heart couldn’t wait to hear more. Little did she know that a decision this immense would only come with even greater benefits and consequences. Which path would lead her the correct way this time?

muse & tags » 500/10 & @Soren , @Caenan , @Tilney , @Essetia
word count » 1200 (i am so sorry)
extra notes » i tried making this post shorter for the sake of your guys sanity 
but failed, if it makes you feel better i chopped off 300 words xD 

[Image: iMAyZik.png]

Messages In This Thread
Poison In Our Veins [COMPLETED] - by Dahlia - 12-31-2015, 01:30 AM
RE: Poison In Our Veins [Open!] - by Soren - 12-31-2015, 02:22 AM
RE: Poison In Our Veins [Open!] - by Caenan - 12-31-2015, 10:34 AM
RE: Poison In Our Veins [Open!] - by Dahlia - 01-01-2016, 10:25 PM
RE: Poison In Our Veins [Open!] - by Soren - 01-02-2016, 04:11 AM
RE: Poison In Our Veins [Open!] - by Tilney - 01-02-2016, 04:50 AM
RE: Poison In Our Veins [Open!] - by Caenan - 01-02-2016, 12:54 PM
RE: Poison In Our Veins [Open!] - by Essetia - 01-02-2016, 10:29 PM
RE: Poison In Our Veins [Open!] - by Dahlia - 01-03-2016, 03:56 PM