[OPEN] .. och jag såg dig springa över skaren
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
And it's all just a sad, sad song—

Mountains could crumble and all lights go out—gold turn to rust, heavenly song turn sour, the choirs ever silenced... In that moment, when her smile was beginning to blossom and his voice broke through the frigid air, in that moment he was soaring, his heart nearly bursting with unbridled joy, words running off his tongue before he had any idea what he was saying. He was just so happy to see, her to be greeted with her—

—withering smile.

And the happiness turned to choking, freezing, heart stumbling and trembling as his nostrils opened and closed too rapidly, flickering eyes giving away their sudden panic.

What did I do—

What happened—

He had never before seen such sorrow upon her face, written so plainly in her eyes, such defeat in her stance; gone was the dancer, gone was the bird, wings clipped and bones broken. What had he done? He couldn't ignore the timing, he couldn't, ugh, and in the midst of all that was—well, whatever N-something-x his name had been, and Mauja was hiding beneath his wall of ice, trying to solve one of the world's mysteries while at the same time attempting to hold back the dark, terrified flood of oh god what did I do to her.

But it was all for naught. Mauja's question didn't just go unanswered, it went entirely unacknowledged by the stallion: not even a dirty look was given. He was simply turning to meld back into the snows, and it did nothing to soothe Mauja's mounting confusion. "Take care..?" he offered lamely to the stallion's retreating back, unsure of what had prompted his sudden change in, well, attitude.

But everything seemed to come down to a single point: Mauja.

He watched Nox for a moment in silence, 'brows drawn over sorrowful eyes. "The worst of it is," he was saying, voice low and dark, "is that I don't even know what I did." He was silent for a second, feeling the grip of something heavy in Diego's claws, watching the shadow of Nox melt into the night. He swallowed. "I never know what it is I've done." Slowly, his gaze slid sideways onto Lena, to the fragile smile she had shown for Nox, to the weight in her eyes. "I'm happy to see you, and at the sound of my voice you look like I just told you I wished I'd never found you again. I ask him a simple question, he doesn't even look at me." An edge of frustration snaked around his words, ears falling flat for a moment. "What is it about me that always ruins things?"

But he didn't expect her to have any answers.

[ @Lena Nox :c ]
Mauja
the white queen
image credits
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
RE: .. och jag såg dig springa över skaren - by Mauja - 02-18-2016, 09:09 AM