the Rift

[PRIVATE] what becomes of curious minds

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
the Aurelight

What else did he block? It was the foremost thought in his head since his encounter with Brisa at the beach, a deep foreboding scowl creasing across his pale mouth. That his life had been turned so thoroughly upside down was...bothersome. It irked him, that he was left at a distinct disadvantage when it came to interacting with others. How could he determine whether he had forgotten them or not? Some still lingered indistinctly in his head, too prominent in his life to forget them completely, but whenever he pressed upon the memories it felt like gauze and an old ache of nothingness. A mild tell, but not one he felt comfortable relying upon. Still...Kaj did not want to return to Miykael and ask for the memories to be unblocked. He would not be Other Kaj, and it felt like some sort of cruel suicide. He already referred to them as separate people, and he knew that it would essentially be killing off himself just to return to that weakened, pathetic state. Kaj was far too selfish to do something like that. 

Other Kaj had destroyed nearly every relationship he'd put his fumbling hands on, but there was a singular soul that had weathered the idiot's storm consistently. Kaj held a deep fondness for her, a possessive sort of attachment that had been unleashed without the burden of excessive emotions. She was his in every way that mattered, and so there was no question as to who he would seek out for advice regarding Other Kaj's decisions and his own sparse feelings regarding the topic. 

Resplendence.

The mare was almost certain to be found in the prison cell she'd adapted into a healer's hut. He would have to fix that, as he would make sure that it was available for any prisoners they obtained in the future. Resplendence was too soft to be subjected to that kind of cruelty, and he'd not have her tainted by the proximity. He also did not want her using up the space, not when Other Kaj was so hesitant to use it even after Drom had challenged them. Still, for the time being, it was useful. It meant he knew where to find her.

The journey had been a long one, though he had not spared any moment than absolutely necessary. He needed Resplendence, and Kaj was not in the habit of denying himself the things he wanted. Much less the things he felt he needed. That was something Other Kaj would have tortured himself with, but Kaj? No, he would take what he wanted when he wanted it so long as he had the power to do so. Self fulfillment was nothing to be ashamed of after all. 

It was dark by the time he arrived, a soft flutter of wings, grass bowing beneath the force of the wind he manipulated in order to slow his descent. The Czar strode past the fabric into her den, eyes adjusting to the darkness and the shadows to find her frame within. They still slept together, and he knew she would not be disturbed or frightened by his arrival tonight. "Resplendence," he murmured gruffly as he approached. Slipped a wing across her and pulled her to him, familiar and natural, dropping his head to breath in her scent from her crest and her mane. "I blocked my memories of multiple people and events. I cannot remember many things. Brisa said that I confessed my love to her, after I saved her from drowning. What do I do?" It was very to the point, no time wasted, and he wondered how Resplendence would react, if only from a scientific kind of curiosity. 

@Resplendence 
IMAGE CREDIT

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
what becomes of curious minds - by Kaj - 01-01-2016, 10:54 PM
RE: what becomes of curious minds - by Kaj - 01-03-2016, 01:48 AM
RE: what becomes of curious minds - by Kaj - 01-03-2016, 03:20 AM