the Rift

[PRIVATE] what becomes of curious minds

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

His wing was rustling up against her hide more than usual. Feathers tickling against her barrel and flank in order to keep her awake and pull her attention onto him. It succeeded, though very very slowly. She sighed, offering some kind of response. Finally, his wings changed to a gentle rub and her eyes flickered open – finally taking in the extent of what he was saying. He said yes, explaining that Miykael had blocked them that she was struggling to place the healer with such a power.

He explained how he had already told Brisa such a thing but that she was emotional and she was only more confused. Hell. She was emotional just about twenty four seven, and that hadn’t affected him at all. Still, she presses in closer and allows her weight to curl up against him. His maw presses against the curve in her face and she can feel his breath against him. Good, he was calming down – he was going to sleep and they could talk about it later.

Or not… He began to start bumping and nudging her with his nose and asking about five million questions all at once. There was a shake of his wings to keep her attention as he started to question what he would be able to do. Calling himself before the memories were blocked the "Other Kaj” and saying that they just weren’t the same. She sighs – feeling his body freeze – before pressing her head against his chest as she always did. Alas, his grip grew tighter – holding her tightly against his frame, as if afraid she would flee with this realization, and he asks if she can still love him like this. ”Kaj. I will love you regardless. It will be if you can deal with my ‘emotional’ self that will determine if you can still love me.” It’s a broken voice that speaks, eyes closed though her voice and breathing clearly shows that she is awake.

Still, it is from there that she moves onto the questions he had bombarded her with. ”If it is permanent then it is permanent and we will figure out how to work with it. If you loved Brisa you will know the emotion. I cannot recall specific memories of my first mate, or really place a face much anymore thanks to the time that has passed, but I can feel that emotion bubbling in the background regardless.” Her body almost seems to shrug as Valiance hovers around the pair – not necessarily enjoying Kaj’s vice-like grip upon his bonded, but not going to interfere when Resplendence was not complaining.

”If you can still love her like this – whatever this is – then you would still feel that emotion. You will still feel a pull toward her. You may not understand what that pull is, but I believe you would feel it.”

She doesn’t know if her words are good enough, but she still felt as though she had to try. Her head situates itself to rest against one of his limbs and press against his chest while she shifts her own limbs so they didn’t fall asleep. Aye, she doubted she would leave him. He was what little was left of her family that kept shattering, breaking, falling apart, dying, leaving, and disappearing. She knew she couldn’t give that up. That she couldn’t be strong enough to weather this world without at least one other soul.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
what becomes of curious minds - by Kaj - 01-01-2016, 10:54 PM
RE: what becomes of curious minds - by Kaj - 01-03-2016, 01:48 AM
RE: what becomes of curious minds - by Resplendence - 01-03-2016, 02:33 AM
RE: what becomes of curious minds - by Kaj - 01-03-2016, 03:20 AM