the Rift

[PRIVATE] I could write a symphony

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
Cera
the Golden Prince

Soft verdant eyes blinked peacefully, arousing from his unforeseen nap with a soft shake and roll of thin blades. The air was crisp and scented with the wildflowers still stubbornly rooting themselves to the vestiges of autumn that gave them life, attempting to soothe him back into sleep with the subtle aroma. Nay Cera, we've rested too long. Ilaria's voice was no shock, the two had grown up together, their souls melding into a singular entity that could not be separated any longer. The edges of their individual souls would surely be impossible to discern if they were visible, and her words roused him better than any mother's voice could to a slumbering foal. Not that Cera had ever experienced such a tender, meaningful gesture. Don't dwell on it, came the soft voice inside his head once more, and Cera sighed quietly into the crisp air. No, today was not a day to be lingering on the blackness of his past. 

Too-large pale wings rose from his sides, shuffling and stretching, primaries brushing against brittle stalks and stems that rattled softly. Would you like to fly today? Soft paws patted at his neck, touching up the intricate braid that had come into existence due to her efforts as well. No, perhaps we can go swimming? Before it gets too cold? Ilaria wiggled against his shoulderblades, and Cera laughed at her enthusiasm. The red panda loved swimming, though Cera knew he'd have to find a relatively shallow part of the creek. He'd not lose her to the current if she swam out too far and was swept away. 

Maybe I can put flowers in your braid while we travel, Ilaria hummed thoughtfully, eyeing the remaining blossoms with clear greed. They did not bloom well in the Throat, and she did not often get to decorate her favorite pastime. Cera rolled his eyes fondly and laughed, already setting out at an easy, gentle pace that would allow her to lean out and grab any flowers that caught her eye. Ilaria squeaked happily and raced up and down the length of his marginal coverts, Cera extending his wing happily to support her minimal weight. She plucked them as they walked along, racing back and forth from the pile she'd left on his wing and the braid, planting and twining their stems happily into the pale tresses. 

Better hurry, we're almost to the stream, Cera teased softly, flashing an image of her flowers floating down the river. Ilaria slapped him affectionately on the crest of his neck, inspiring a mischievous little giggle from the Prince. I'm done anyways, she huffed as she placed the last few flowers in his hair. Now you're a princess, not a prince, Ilaria pointed out smugly, and Cera turned and clacked his teeth at her in playful warning, sending her skittering and chattering her laughter down the expanse of his wing. He was tempted to lower it to watch her slide and cling to him, but he really did want to swim. 

Ilaria slipped down off his wing regardless, shimmying down his foreleg, halting Cera's progress for a moment before she went scampering off towards the water. Cera trailed after her smiling, until he saw that Ilaria was rather running down the bank instead of splashing into the water. Are you looking for a good spot? Ilaria's confirmation wasn't exactly verbal or audible but it came across loud and clear, and Cera laughed and trotted after her, wings hanging loose and golden primaries dipping into the water intermittently. 

There's someone else here! Cera lifted his face to look across the river at Ilaria's declaration, and was embarrassed to find that there was. How had he not noticed? Then again water did wash and dull scents, he tried to comfort himself. Maybe we should move further - of course Ilaria did not like that plan and went shooting across the pebbles to dive into the water. "Ilaria!" Of course the panda did not listen to him and went paddling out to the stallion, peering at him and clambering onto the bank on the other side, nearer to the antlered stag. Cera flushed in embarrassment at her antics, scolding her where the stranger could not hear. I don't need you trying to set me up with friends, Ilaria! The panda merely scoffed. You're like a hermit. Suck it up, Cera.

Stepping into the water up to his knees, Cera smiled shyly at the stallion, wings ruffling and showing his embarrassment by inverting towards his chest. "Sorry about her," he apologized softly, pointedly staring at Ilaria for a moment before turning and facing eyes as green and vibrant as his own. Oh, he thought dumbly, and Ilaria cackled in his head. Handsome? But Cera shoved her from his head forcefully, not wanting to listen to her smug laughter. "May we join you?"

Not super important but Cera's braid looks like a looser version of this! With various flowers because Ilaria is a diva lol
IMAGE CREDIT

@Tilney because it says you like to be tagged?
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Messages In This Thread
I could write a symphony - by Tilney - 01-02-2016, 02:30 AM
RE: I could write a symphony - by Cera - 01-05-2016, 10:45 PM
RE: I could write a symphony - by Tilney - 01-08-2016, 04:37 AM
RE: I could write a symphony - by Cera - 01-27-2016, 01:42 AM
RE: I could write a symphony - by Time - 02-29-2016, 11:01 PM
RE: I could write a symphony - by Tilney - 03-01-2016, 05:40 AM