the Rift

Lonely and afraid

Ciscorox Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
It seemed to have been days since I had food. My stomach cramped with hunger as I pushed through the tight brambles. As I walked, I thought of what exactly I was doing here. My family had left soon after I was born. I had been taken care of by a small band of lonely mares, which I had called my family for many years. I was 3 now and even though it was custom to have left much earlier, I am only now finding myself on a journey to find a new home. Me and my old band of mares had fought for months, I wanted to stay. They pushed me, telling me it was for my own good and blah blah blah. 

I snapped back to reality as soon as I felt the brush tear away at a piece of my shoulder. I whinnied and turned my neck to inspect the wound. Not too deep luckily but, I needed to wash it off so it wouldn't become infected. I stood still listening for a stream but with no look. I decided to push on, even though my shoulder burned. 

Several minutes and a couple more chunks of skin later, I reached a clearing. I was startled at first and realized most horses (and others I had never seen) had come from a tunnel across the way. I walked and found a small stream near the edge and rolled to wash my wounds clean. I stood and decided to rest in a shady corner and watched the clumps of horses, and warriors talk. 

See I was much too short to be a warrior... I would be surprised if any kind of band took me in actually. No stallion would want to breed to me and every mare would laugh at my small chubby size. I fell asleep on these thoughts, letting them cloud my sleepy and hungry head.

Notes: This is my first post! <3

Messages In This Thread
Lonely and afraid - by Ciscorox - 01-02-2016, 08:11 AM
RE: Lonely and afraid - by Ciceron - 01-05-2016, 10:15 PM