the Rift

[OPEN] ghosts on the doorstep [return/rejoin]

Calder Posts: 23
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1hh :: 6 (Birdsong) HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Kiki

He was encouraged by the fact that he wasn’t immediately turned away after admitting that when he had come he had chosen his family of old over the heard that was supposed to become his new family.  Ties of old were hard to sever when coming to a new place such as this. “I appreciate that. Perhaps she’ll turn up here one day – I wouldn’t put it past her just to waltz in unannounced,” Calder smiled, truly appreciating Rexanna’s words of comfort and truly hoping his own were true. 

It seemed that his colorful companion was also a newcomer to the Basin.  He offered a sheepish smile to the vivid Ming Yue as his gaze flicked between her and Rexanna. “I’m afraid I remember little about ranks and such so please fill in where I miss the details.  Warriors, of course, though I’m not much of a warrior myself.  I can fight if I must, but I’ve not got much of a heart for war. I think I was told about healers and the craftin’ ranks as well,” he paused picking over his memories of a conversation many seasons past.  It was healing and crafting that stuck out to him most – moreso the latter than the former.  The idea of creating something out of nothing was very much in line with Calder’s own personal beliefs. He came from a place that was devout about finding the balance of things – between life and nature.

“And the thieves of course,” he said, with a smile towards Rexanna, “Though I doubt I’d be much help to ye, Miss Rexanna. I’m no very sneaky,” he said with a mischievous grin.  His knew well that he was likely leaving out important bits, and hoped Rexanna would fill his shortcomings.   Calder was eager to choose a rank and begin to immerse himself in herd life.  He was afraid if he allowed himself to linger, he would find himself ensnared in the past like he had been before. Amazing how the past was capable of such a thing, grabbing us by the ankles and takin’ folks prisoner. No. Calder had a mind to live in the present – to craft a new life for himself now taking only memories from the past with him into the future. He would not be a prisoner.

“I’d verra much like a look around and would like to hear of any changes, as I’m sure there have been many,” he said in the same rolling, rocky accent – looking between the two mares wondering if they’d both be interested.  He didn’t want to presume considering that Ming Yue was as new as he was, so it seemed, and Rexanna may not want to go wandering around the Basin as heavily pregnant as she was.

-- C A L D E R --

tags: @Rexanna @Ming Yue
image credit

okay. damn he babbles.
Please tag Calder in all posts.
Force & magic are permitted but please check before inflicting severe and/or permanent damage.
Pixel by Sourful

Messages In This Thread
RE: ghosts on the doorstep [return/rejoin] - by Calder - 01-13-2016, 04:30 PM