the Rift

[OPEN] a trip into the void

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies
He didn't remember? What kind of nonsense was the big lug spouting off now? The marmoset was in a bit of a pout, not prepared to accept that her bonded was completely unaware of not only her, but all that had transpired since... well... since some time before. Hell, she didn't even remember most of it, but at least she knew who she was. More importantly, she knew who he was. But the reality that he had truly forgotten everything began to sink in as she felt the broken connection between them, the vague fuzziness left where once they had read each other perfectly. She still felt him and she could still speak to him, but there was nothing there. And, suddenly, she was terrified.

Unfortunately, she knew who Resplendence was, too, and her heart sank as the pretty mare appeared on the horizon. Immediately her calculating mind began to race. How long had they been away? How long had it been since Quilyan had reassured Resplendence of his intentions, declared his love for her, promised her that he would no longer be gone from her life? What season was it? The flats gave her no clues, no indication; the weather was mild, but that could be any season near the ocean. And, even if she knew they were in Helovia somewhere, she hadn't the slightest idea precisely where they might be. -Quilyan,- she implored. -Please, I'm asking you to trust me. I've never led you wrong before, and I've been your bonded for years. That's what allows me to talk to you - our bond. Now, please, you must let me onto your back and you must prepare to meet Resplendence!-

"Prepare to meet who?" he asked, perplexed, but he allowed the furry creature to scuttle up onto his withers all the same. He stretched out a wing, oblivious to the approach of his once-mate, picking gently at the feathers to realign them properly. Whatever had happened before he had woken up, it had left his wings entirely mussed. "And how do I know you're telling the truth any-"

He was interrupted by a cool, feminine voice, and he winced slightly at his appearance before putting on a lopsided smile and tucking his wings to his sides. The mare approaching him was petite and... glittering? He looked at her curiously, wondering how she got her mane to do that. He would never be interested in added such a feminine flair to his own appearance, but he had to admit that it was pretty. And then she said his name. He frowned - had they met before?

"I'm... you'll have to forgive me, m'lady, but I'm afraid I don't quite remember having made your acquaintance before." The way she spoke to him implied that they had known each other, and he struggled for the memory only to grasp at smoke.

-SHE WAS YOUR MATE, YOU MORON.-

Oh.

He looked at her again, peering, desperately searching for something that would jog his memory. He took in her golden, guarded eyes, her missing ear, the extensive lacing along her legs - and yet he found nothing. Not a hint of her appeared in his memory, and dread began to creep into his heart. If what the little monkey (-ZARINA. My name is Zarina.-) said was true, then he was about to be in a heap of trouble.

"To answer your question," he continued hurriedly, "I did not choose to leap into the sea. At least... not that I remember. Where are we, exactly?"

"more words."
Quilyan
counting on the night for a beautiful day;
subtlepatterns.com | kaydeniro & larfsalot @ deviantart
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
a trip into the void - by Quilyan - 01-04-2016, 12:57 AM
RE: a trip into the void - by Resplendence - 01-04-2016, 01:36 AM
RE: a trip into the void - by Quilyan - 01-04-2016, 02:22 AM
RE: a trip into the void - by Resplendence - 01-04-2016, 04:41 AM
RE: a trip into the void - by Quilyan - 01-04-2016, 05:05 AM
RE: a trip into the void - by Resplendence - 01-04-2016, 05:32 AM
RE: a trip into the void - by Quilyan - 01-04-2016, 05:46 AM
RE: a trip into the void - by Resplendence - 01-04-2016, 06:05 AM
RE: a trip into the void - by Quilyan - 01-04-2016, 09:41 PM