the Rift

[OPEN] The world might not know

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
The devil is not as black as he is painted.

Isopia shrugged.
"I don't see why it would bother you. It's perfectly natural." She commented, though there was no judgement in her voice, only a little confusion. Though what he said did make some sort of sense ... why weren't there more demi-gods running about? The four of them seemed to be under no sexual-embargoes, at least as far as she could tell. If they wanted to procreate, they all seemed free enough to do so. Would their offspring be mortal? Or perhaps mortal+? But that wasn't the point...

...and now Mesec was saying something else...

Isopia certainly agreed that balance was a foundational part of their existence, but what exactly did that mean? Hadn't the Moon Goddess implied that she took the lives of all those Helovian's, because it was what was needed? And she had been all but crucified for it. That Mesec thought that they could be strong enough, wasn't helpful. It implied that as of now, they were not yet strong enough. What if their parents decided to fly off into another rift? To disappear again? What if Mesec's mother decided that Helovia's population needed more pruning, as she had before? If they were not strong enough now, then what was the point?

Growing up was the worst
"I guess we won't truly know how useful we are, until something happens." Isopia replied, noncommittally.

"Everything is immortal in a sense. All of our atoms are merely repurposed once we die. In that sense, all we are now is some unique arrangement ... immortality is context dependent." But of course, Isopia knew that wasn't what her cousin had actually been asking her. "No. I don't actually believe that they are." Isopia replied after pondering Mesec's question for only a moment or so. "Those who appear to be immortal but aren't, have a weakness. It varies. But I've heard of those who must have their hearts removed, who must fall from somewhere quite high up - etcetera. With our parents I think...I think that they're just very hard to kill. They're so old, perhaps even they've forgotten how to do it. But those creatures from the Rift ... they didn't seem like our parents. They died too easily, too quickly. Why do you ask?"

@Mesec
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
The world might not know - by Isopia - 01-04-2016, 02:08 PM
RE: The world might not know - by Mesec - 01-06-2016, 11:43 PM
RE: The world might not know - by Isopia - 01-10-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: The world might not know - by Mesec - 01-19-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: The world might not know - by Isopia - 01-31-2016, 01:13 PM
RE: The world might not know - by Mesec - 02-07-2016, 07:29 PM
RE: The world might not know - by Isopia - 02-15-2016, 02:54 PM
RE: The world might not know - by Mesec - 02-19-2016, 11:30 PM