the Rift

[OPEN] I'm here, now what?

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

THUNDERHEAD

The bird was moving ahead of her like normal, his flight erratic for reasons she never fully understood. he wasted so much energy, but still his little body always seemed ready to go. Because he sleeps and eats when he doesn't fly, she thought with a touch of sourness, having noticed the parrot lacked any work ethic what so ever. It was for the better she supposed as she angled her flight for a thermal updraft. It was normal for a parrot to do the things he did; if he vaulted into battle, took an interest in herbs or secrets, or tried to create things she might be more worried that she was leaving a permanent mark on him.

He did like shiny things though.

One distracted him now, and he zipped towards it. Ampere didn't notice until a jolt of fear suddenly grabbed at her, causing her to bristle. Her eyes darted around quickly, her mouth dry like cotton as she searched for this abrupt threat she'd perceived. The sensation was like a quickly advancing night, black and lacking light, like the darkness had been those seasons ago. The memory sent an involuntary shudder down her spine, and her feathers stood up the rest of the way, as did her mane it seemed. Crawling with an imperceptible dread, Kygo came hurtling back to her through the skies, feverishly shrieking as he dove into her mane, clutching at it with a fervor that betrayed his greater sense - he was not supposed to touch her.

The destruction of their most sacred rule was ignored beneath the insufferable dread that she wore like a shawl. On alert, ready to snap at the slightest provocation Ampere blurted out, "What! What!?" Kygo made no sense though, lost to his throes of babbling, frantic hysteria. Unsure if the feeling began with her or him, Ampere nonetheless tilted towards the way he had come since her airways revealed nothing. As she flew the wind seemed to coax the terror from her, and Kygo, though shrieking faster at first as she went this way, quieted into silence, likely due to shock.

As Ampere neared, she too caught the glint of steel in the sun, and her gaze narrowed, ready for a fight. It didn't take long for her to make heads of what was with the sword, and soon thereafter, to recognize it. Her heart flip flopped in her gut, a mixture of excited happiness and anxious nervousness, all polished off with the remnants of Kygo's cowardice, no doubt brought on by the sight of the dragon - though crows would surely kill his kind too.

"Raven!" she called out as she neared, circling around for a landing. The desire to smile flushed her face with a casual greeting, but there was a strain in her gaze that soon brought her features back into uncertainty. "I didn't think you'd come, after..." Ampere confessed, trailing off, unsure of where they stood or who was supposed to say what. Ampere wasn't sorry for anything she had said, but she also didn't want to lose Raven as a friend - or whatever the girl was (perhaps only a whatcher).

Unbidden her gaze flicked to the metallic reptile, remembering it last as an egg which she did not condone.

Tension seemed to be Ampere's only reliable friend.

Credits: Image by TheStockWarehouse @ DA

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
I'm here, now what? - by Isopia - 01-04-2016, 02:24 PM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Ampere - 01-05-2016, 01:11 AM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Isopia - 01-05-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Ampere - 01-10-2016, 11:04 PM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Isopia - 01-31-2016, 06:01 PM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Ampere - 02-07-2016, 01:31 AM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Isopia - 02-19-2016, 11:46 PM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Ampere - 02-22-2016, 11:40 PM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Isopia - 02-28-2016, 03:04 PM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Ampere - 03-05-2016, 01:04 PM