the Rift

[OPEN] I'm here, now what?

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

THUNDERHEAD

It was difficult to work with Raven. Not because she was a difficult mare in general (she was), but because she continually challenged Ampere in ways she hadn't even realized she needed. Ampere didn't like to be lesser, whether it was just a competitive drive or daddy and mommy issues, Ampere liked to feel confident and capable and successful. There were plenty of areas in Ampere's life where she wasn't, but no one else bothered to point them out to her the way Raven did. From forcing her to think deeper about her ethics to showing her how she utterly failed at moving metal, Ampere felt like she was constantly scrabbling to find purchase around Raven, to find something she was as good at as the girl. Even her design had been modified!

Ampere snorted, sweat noticeable on her hide despite the cooler season, such was the exertion of mining the earth. She did similar tasks for her herd's builders all the time, but they were never as demanding, barking orders like some kind of sea lion. Whether that said more about her crafters or Isopia, Ampere couldn't be sure, but either way she was done. Huffing, she stepped back gladly as Raven swooped in to finish off the task. There was nothing Isopia did or said that was enough to prickle Ampere into an outrage, but like there was still that static in the air, generated by a tension as the two mares worked and rubbed together.

Ampere wasn't angry though, at least not really, not at Raven any way. And so the feelings subsided as she was left to watch the much more capable crafter set to work, and finally finish what had been seasons long worth of thinking and planning. Her breast surged with new found pride and joy, and laughing (nearly crying), Ampere whooped at its completion, a loud whistle spinning from her nares.

"It's perfect!" she shouted, reaching over in her excitement to hug the much larger mare (very awkward). She slipped away from the earth girl's side, slinking in closer to inspect the statue, her whiskers quivering as her nose extended to it and felt the heat like a pulse. She smiled, genuinely impressed and satisfied.
She turned her neck over her shoulder, blue eyes grinning as she beheld Raven. "Thank you. This will help many." Even if it was only a hope, today she wanted it to just be true, so she left no room for argument.

The sun had traveled a great distance in the sky - Kygo had left long ago when he'd grown bored and hungry (and brave enough to move with Hubris around). Ampere shuffled her wings, ready to depart, yet mildly loathe to do so. "I'll come to the Falls next seasons to talk trade for the herd, though I hope we meet again before then."

[we can just end here if you want, shrugs]

Credits: Image by TheStockWarehouse @ DA

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
I'm here, now what? - by Isopia - 01-04-2016, 02:24 PM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Ampere - 01-05-2016, 01:11 AM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Isopia - 01-05-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Ampere - 01-10-2016, 11:04 PM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Isopia - 01-31-2016, 06:01 PM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Ampere - 02-07-2016, 01:31 AM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Isopia - 02-19-2016, 11:46 PM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Ampere - 02-22-2016, 11:40 PM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Isopia - 02-28-2016, 03:04 PM
RE: I'm here, now what? - by Ampere - 03-05-2016, 01:04 PM