the Rift

[OPEN] Whole Lotta' Shakin', #7

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
Those days are gone

Beneath my hooves, the world was glass. Maybe it was the season, covering the world in a white blanket of ice and snow, but some youthful part of me longed to pretend it was some strange power I had.

Ice beneath my feet, winter at my command: I was the ice queen.

I scratched at the icy edges of the blood falls, contemplating the pain that so many had felt here. Now, with the bodies finally gone, it seemed almost peaceful. But I kept my eye on the prize: the ruby red stones at the bottom of the well.

Well, metaphorical, any way. Well... ugh. It was all becoming a jumble. Maybe I wasn't so young as I wanted to be, wasn't so sharp. No matter, I had come here with a purpose and I wouldn't leave without parting those waters.

The only problem was the cold. Though the motion of the falls kept most of the lake beneath them still bubbling and active, though the season was milder than most, there was still a chill that bother my aching bones. Still, I gritted my teeth and moved closer to the center of the lake. My legs shivered, my long tail spread out like a fan atop the waters. Above, the wind brought with it chill and soft snowflakes that peppered my dark coat. The longer I hesitated to dive in, the more my markings faded beneath a thin blanket of white. When I was younger I would have shrugged off the cold and kept going, would have pressed on. But now I was tired, now I was living every moment in wait. I had given myself this task to distract myself from old pain, hard memories. Do something small, I'd told myself. Just collect some stones from the bottom of a red pond and come out clean, cold and wet--come out feeling none of your hurt.

Maybe I'd just wait here for a while.

""
AHVELYN
image credits

Open! Lyn is planning on collecting red stones from the bottom of the falls.

Messages In This Thread
Whole Lotta' Shakin', #7 - by Ahvelyn - 01-05-2016, 10:18 AM
RE: Whole Lotta' Shakin', #7 - by Timothy - 01-08-2016, 09:24 PM
RE: Whole Lotta' Shakin', #7 - by Murtagh - 01-10-2016, 06:59 PM
RE: Whole Lotta' Shakin', #7 - by Ahvelyn - 01-12-2016, 05:33 PM
RE: Whole Lotta' Shakin', #7 - by Timothy - 01-12-2016, 08:41 PM
RE: Whole Lotta' Shakin', #7 - by Murtagh - 01-21-2016, 06:51 PM
RE: Whole Lotta' Shakin', #7 - by Ahvelyn - 01-24-2016, 07:05 PM