the Rift

[OPEN] Whole Lotta' Shakin', #7

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
Those days are gone

Somehow, he lived.

He didn't really deserve to I don't think, not in hindsight and not then, but he sure as hell did. He came out coughing and sputtering, I came out soaking and immediately exhausted, but we were both still alive.

God, how he didn't deserve to be. My hair (luckily tangled with a few of those stones I'd been looking for) dragged me down and I stood uneasily, trying to regain my balance even as freezing cold crawled up my legs and through my very bones. The colt, still insistent on speaking, had said something about its papa being a mare (what world was this?) and then asked if we were alright.

Well, no. Maybe he'd just asked if this albino idiot was, this idiot who slid towards me on the ice, fucking knocked my legs out from under me the second he did, who lit a rage inside me...

"Is he alright?" I yelled back, breath raspy and mouth dribbling with freshly expelled water and a tinge of bile, "He's fu--" I paused, considered censoring myself, and thought better of it. He'd learn the words someday, wouldn't he? "Fucking lucky! Lucky that I was here to drag his sorry ass out of the falls!"

I turned my gaze, cold and hateful, to stare down at the idiot with the heavy mop of feathers and failure. "Are you happy? You've scared a child and made an old woman dive into danger to save your pitiful hide, and you can't even say something about it?" I coughed, my hind leg slipping back as I tried to stay steady. I just had to stay standing, had to keep breathing...

"You asshole! Apologize! To both of us! And never pull that kind of shit again, do you hear me?" I snapped my teeth in his face and my eyes rolled as pain lunged at my chest with even that small motion. What an idiot, what a goddamned idiot...

"DO YOU HEAR ME, YOU PIECE OF HALF DEAD SHIT?"

No sympathy, no sorrow. I was on fire, quaking and burning inside. I'd just saved a life and I felt no joy. For why, how, in what unjust world, was this suicidal fool alive when my three precious babes were all dead?

""
AHVELYN
image credits

@Timothy
@Murtagh

Messages In This Thread
Whole Lotta' Shakin', #7 - by Ahvelyn - 01-05-2016, 10:18 AM
RE: Whole Lotta' Shakin', #7 - by Timothy - 01-08-2016, 09:24 PM
RE: Whole Lotta' Shakin', #7 - by Murtagh - 01-10-2016, 06:59 PM
RE: Whole Lotta' Shakin', #7 - by Ahvelyn - 01-12-2016, 05:33 PM
RE: Whole Lotta' Shakin', #7 - by Timothy - 01-12-2016, 08:41 PM
RE: Whole Lotta' Shakin', #7 - by Murtagh - 01-21-2016, 06:51 PM