the Rift

[PRIVATE] & we'll be giants, one day.

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

Tae visibly hardened somewhat at the older girl's response. Better than nothing? Her pale eyes moved to the black pup at her side. Mal wasn't .... she couldn't wrap her head around what was wrong with the comparison. But he wasn't just better than nothing. He was better than a lot of things. Tae couldn't quite parse out whether or not the unicorn had meant her comment condescendingly, or as some sort of companion-slur. The mandible-marked filly knew nothing of Griffons, and while it wasn't much of a leap to assume that the cat/bird hybrid was 'above' a regular timber wolf on the companion hierarchy, she wasn't clear if what was being insinuated was that he was so far down on the totem pole, so as to be just above nothing.

Not liking to appear ignorant, Tae snorted and instead focused on the rest of what the older girl was saying.

Understandably, the pegasus filly had never left Helovia. Not only was she far too young for such things, but already her superstitious nature kept her curiosity firmly within the borders of Helovia. To leave was simply absurd. If the Riftian wars proved anything, it was that the lands outside of their vast expanses were infused with death. 

"I am Tae. Daughter of Ampere the Mother of Companions and Gaucho the Wildfire. And you?" She responded confidently, her tail raising slightly and her chest puffing out a touch as the words left her lips. She was not ashamed of her heritage, nor did she see any point in denying it. Sniffing slightly as Själ frowned, Tae rolled her tongue inside of her mouth as she thought. "Do you have family here? Why did you leave?"

@Sjal

tae
i'm a cold day in august, i'm a stream too shallow
i'm a heart shaped box with no letter inside
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
& we'll be giants, one day. - by Tae - 01-04-2016, 09:45 PM
RE: & we'll be giants, one day. - by Själ - 01-05-2016, 12:39 AM
RE: & we'll be giants, one day. - by Tae - 01-05-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: & we'll be giants, one day. - by Själ - 01-06-2016, 12:18 AM
RE: & we'll be giants, one day. - by Tae - 02-04-2016, 10:42 AM
RE: & we'll be giants, one day. - by Själ - 02-06-2016, 11:05 PM