the Rift

[OPEN] mad mare's return

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen

Faeanne

Sending Stolen Stars Back to the Sky

"You carry a strange scent about you. You smell of smoke when there is none. Why?" I spread my wings to their full expanse before allowing the fire in my veins to leap free. I smile as my fire dances on my feathers. "Because I have magic." Now that I have shown off I am ready to go on with my night. I have not even turned to face the voice in the night. For all I know it could have been the detached voice of a spirit but it is apparent that it has seen me. Since I am not interested in the small talk that comes with meeting a stranger I don't look for a body. I will not welcome whoever it is closer with eye contact. Not tonight.

Memories of my birth mother are like stars. I know that they must be there but they exist just out of my reach. But I do remember the moment that she and I discovered my magic together. "Fae! Fae, you have fire magic, darling!" The words still ring in my ears as though they were said only moments ago. I had made my mother proud in that moment. Even if for only a moment I had done it. It had not been enough to make her stay. But something is at least more than nothing. And that is why my magic is so dear to me. It is why I find such delight in displaying it for others. My magic and the stars that rest on my coat are all that set me apart from a constantly churning, ever changing, sea of faces. Even to my mother it had been all that stood out. I remember being born with another, a twin, I wonder if he had been more outstanding. Had she remained in his life?

My hooves crunch on the ground whenever I step away from the spot where I had used my magic. A frost stretches lazily in patches scattered about. Coats grow thicker. Breaths swirl around the mouths they were birthed from. Helovia is preparing to slip into Frostfall.

@Aurelia and @Hearth

image credits here

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Messages In This Thread
mad mare's return - by Aurelia - 01-05-2016, 01:11 AM
RE: mad mare's return - by Hearth - 01-10-2016, 12:40 AM
RE: mad mare's return - by Faeanne - 01-10-2016, 11:58 AM
RE: mad mare's return - by Tembovu - 01-10-2016, 07:11 PM