the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Halfway Gone

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
KAJ
the aurelight

Any attempt to control himself on Quilyan's behalf was lost on the golden beast before him, for a pinch of acquiescence alone could not satisfy his need for total submission, for the apologies that would have to stream from the scum's mouth for eons until Kaj forgave him. He had forgiven too many souls, too many wretched creatures that did not deserve the freedom he offered them. Not again. Not with so deep and profound a betrayal as Quilyan had forced upon him - upon them, he reminded himself as he swung himself purposefully further between the two creatures. Resplendence clearly recognized him within a few tense moments, her touch familiar and angelic across the sin-stained hide of his skin. He would not allow her to beckon him back from the ledge to salvation, not when he was staring down the demon that had wrecked her time and time again. Not when he had called the bastard brother, when he had found Rue for him and happily taken on the role of uncle and godfather. Resplendence could not save the dog from this, not this time. 

"There is no difference between physical and emotional hurt. He already has hurt you," Kaj snarled, wings arching higher in dominance, demanding utter submission and abjection. Nothing would satisfy him, not fully, but it would be a start. Of course Quilyan picked that moment to try and be brilliant, tongue unfurling mulishly, eyes dull and unrecognizable. "What have you done?" Kaj echoed vacantly, some sort of noxious calm before the storm. At first, he chuckled. A soft, inconclusive sound. It grew and grew, louder, disbelieving. Until he finally paused, eyes flashing, and lurched one aggressive step closer to Quilyan. The fates smiled gleefully down upon them, anxious, tittering their dramatic enthusiasm. Two broken, mind-bleached stallions, facing down one another with brotherhood broken and defiled between them. Could Kaj judge him, when he had just as many gaps in his memory? Did it matter that he had chosen this fate, and Quilyan had not? Until Quilyan attempted to speak to Resplendence, a grievance Kaj could not let go unpunished. Not after what Quilyan had done to her. 

Perhaps she should have told him that Quilyan could not remember, for in that moment there was only the call for blood and payment. 

"You LEFT US!" It roars from his throat, the lion Ink had named so long ago shattering chains and bars, wicked claws ripping through his own flesh towards freedom in an exquisite kind of agony. Pale wings swept up, snapping open and slamming forward to try and buffet against Quilyan, force him backwards. The Czar followed after him regardless of how the prince reacted, lips rolled so far up his teeth were on full display, the storm he'd called forth crackling and screaming like a thousand agonized voices as every hair and feather stood on end beneath the static. You are man no longer, beast. "Again, and again, and again! YOU COWARD! You left your DAUGHTER AND YOUR MATE, YOU LEFT ME, YOU LEFT US ALL! YOU DON'T GET TO WALTZ BACK IN FREELY!" And Kaj lunged for him, fury overriding hurt, teeth seeking the left side of Quilyan's crest. Blood, blood, blood, GIVE ME HIS BLOOD! It was the only equivalent exchange, as much blood spilled as tears that had been shed over Quilyan's absence. 

You left me, you left me, you left me. I loved you, I loved you, I loved you.

Chasing dreams like I'm on Novocain
Screaming through your airways
Image Credit

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
!! Halfway Gone - by Resplendence - 01-05-2016, 01:12 AM
RE: !! Halfway Gone - by Quilyan - 01-06-2016, 12:33 AM
RE: !! Halfway Gone - by Kaj - 01-06-2016, 01:57 AM
RE: !! Halfway Gone - by Resplendence - 01-06-2016, 02:16 AM
RE: !! Halfway Gone - by Quilyan - 01-06-2016, 02:31 AM
RE: !! Halfway Gone - by Kaj - 01-08-2016, 02:41 AM
RE: !! Halfway Gone - by Resplendence - 01-08-2016, 11:56 PM
RE: !! Halfway Gone - by Quilyan - 01-09-2016, 09:20 PM