the Rift

Diamonds on Skid Row

Artorius Posts: 39
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Barnabas :: Puffin :: None Adoptable
Artorius
like a drug, like i told you

Shivers ran delicately across ink stained flesh as I stepped hesitantly back into the magical lands that the only family I had left resided in. Guilt flickered restlessly through my nervous system as I remembered those I had left behind in these beautiful, mysterious lands, specifically the golden mare who had such a vivid imagination that painted the whole world in a beautiful child-like way. With her, it had been easy to forget all of the evils that this universe seemed to hold and just...laugh, smile, run through a field like a small child once again. The right most corner of my midnight stained kissers turned up in a sad ghost of a smile as I drifted back to the reason I had left in the first place. 

A lump formed tight in my throat, blocking out most of my airway, leaving only enough space for a decent amount of livable air to seep through. Dark harks flicked back as I felt the presence of the small puffin creep into my consciousness. "Happy." The childish voice crept through the delicate mind bond that was still growing stronger with every day that Barnabas and I were together. He was happy to be back in the lands that he had been hatched in and the joyous emotions were hard to avoid with how much of it was coursing through the avian's small body. Swallowing hard I tucked white bottomed wings in close to sleek sides so that way my bonded would be able to get a better view of the world around us, the world that in this part was still so vividly green even though the chill of Orangemoon was overly present in the breeze that danced about us.

Dark harks flicked forwards in a show of almost feigned interest as I moved easily between the thick trunks of trees and heavy undergrowth towards the edge of the Threshold where I would wait and see what welcoming committee would arrive this time. Having already known the lands I was still quite likely to wind up returning to the Edge where I knew my family was tucked away safely, I couldn't help but wonder if they missed me. Or if the newest sister had taken over and caused them to forget that I had ever even found the lands of Helovia. Sighing I looked over my shoulder at the black, white, and orange bird I shared my soul with, a smile creeping slowly across dark features. "We are home Barn." A gentle coo was my response as the puffin ruffled his feathers happily and I turned back to look out over the great open lands of Helovia, unsure if I should head home on my own or wait for company.

"Speech." 
Tag | Open!
Words | 458
Notes | Blah, I promise it'll get better!

i-mi
  • Please Tag in All Replies!
  • Slight Force Allowed, no death or maiming. No serious injuries.

Messages In This Thread
Diamonds on Skid Row - by Artorius - 01-05-2016, 10:29 PM
RE: Diamonds on Skid Row - by Ming Yue - 01-09-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: Diamonds on Skid Row - by Jahzara - 01-13-2016, 01:53 AM