the Rift

[OPEN] Why Does It Always Happen To Me

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Alysanne waited with patience for the girl to respond, allowing her to take as much time as she needed to find the words. There was no pressure here. But the her heart sunk at the response from the young filly and she regretted the question that had seemed so simple just moments ago. How much inadvertent pain had she caused with those few words? She regretted them immediately. The simple answer that Alysanne had hoped for didn’t exist in Helovia - the world where she would comfort this babe until her mother came existed somewhere else far away from here.

And when the tears came, how could she keep the distance between them? Alysanne was spurred to stand so that she could move closer to the girl - careful to watch for any signs that her proximity wouldn’t be accepted. She was still a stranger to the girl, after all, the intense feeling that she had to mother everyone she saw did not change that fact. She moved closer, lowering her head to keep it on level with the filly - willing her sad green eyes to not brim over with tears as well. Only the fear that lowering herself and curling around the young unicorn would cause more fear than comfort stopped her - all of her instincts urging her to do so anyway.

Why was it so easy to think she knew what was right when the child wasn’t her own?

Alysanne didn’t know why Tembovu had told her that, didn’t know if there were tragic circumstances that would prevent a reunion, but there was no heart in the mare to confirm the idea. Not tonight, at least - that was the last thing that was needed on the chilly autumn evening. “Maybe one day, when you’re bigger, we can go find her. How would you like that?” Alysanne would have made any promise at all if it would give the poor filly some hope in the chilly night.

Closer now, she could see wounds on knees far beyond the usual scrapes and bruises that foals got. “Are you hurt? Before you can go off on any adventures, we’re going to need to take care of that.” Although still overwhelmed with concern she attempted a smile, daring to hope she might be able to get a similar reaction out of the patchwork filly before the night was out.

@Hera
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Why Does It Always Happen To Me - by Hera - 01-05-2016, 11:06 PM
RE: Why Does It Always Happen To Me - by Alysanne - 01-07-2016, 12:03 AM
RE: Why Does It Always Happen To Me - by Hera - 01-07-2016, 10:33 PM
RE: Why Does It Always Happen To Me - by Alysanne - 01-12-2016, 10:01 PM
RE: Why Does It Always Happen To Me - by Hera - 01-26-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: Why Does It Always Happen To Me - by Alysanne - 02-07-2016, 12:49 AM
RE: Why Does It Always Happen To Me - by Hera - 02-10-2016, 11:22 PM
RE: Why Does It Always Happen To Me - by Alysanne - 02-18-2016, 10:08 PM