the Rift

[OPEN] everything we touch turns to gold

Själ Posts: 112
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 hh :: 4 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ansgar :: Plain Griffin :: Draining Clutch ChaoticMelodies
Själ
The pegasus mare repeats the girl's name back to her, as though wanting to taste it on her tongue. The princess had noticed the wide variety of names throughout Helovia, or at least those that she had found; she wondered at the history behind all of those names, all of those faces, all of those empty titles. She knew of kings and queens and empresses that roamed here, only they didn't have the lands or the subjects to back up their claims. The thought of royalty - specifically, of her mother - brought a bitter taste that the cattail cannot seem to rid from her mouth. She let it fall to the ground before her griffin, who looked up at her with an enquiring chirp before beginning to paw gently at it.

"Oh, her name is Ansgar," the girl supplied quickly as she realized that she had forgotten to introduce her companion. They had spent so much time alone that the princess often forgot that the griffin was not simply a part of her imagination, a little piece of her that materialized because she needed to feel... well, less lonely, to start. But it was indeed fact that the little creature was very much real and very much in need of introduction. As though to prove the point, Ansgar pounced upon the discarded cattail, rolled onto her back to toss it in the air, and chased it across their little clearing. She ended up catching her prey in front of Hearth's hooves.

The pegasus stretched a wing as she spoke, setting the trees nearby to clacking. The sound startled the griffin, who raced back to her bonded, only to peer out from behind the girl's left fore. The sound of the trees was oddly hollow, but not in an empty sort of way. It was, as Hearth had said, quite springy. The princess decided that she liked it. "They aren't contained," she protested, "or, well, not in the way you mean, at least. They sort of contain themselves, don't they? It's almost like... the trees have shut everything else out. The paths... they aren't easy to navigate, but surely they lead to somewhere?" She paused, thoughtful. "I don't think this forest was here, before. I thought if I just kept walking, then maybe I'd find something I knew."

"Talk."
--Ansgar.--

@Hearth
OOC ;; no worries! :D
Själ

Pixel by Reli <3

Please tag Själ in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Själ?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
everything we touch turns to gold - by Själ - 01-07-2016, 01:17 AM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Hearth - 01-09-2016, 03:22 PM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Själ - 01-11-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Hearth - 01-19-2016, 12:30 AM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Själ - 01-21-2016, 09:05 PM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Hearth - 02-04-2016, 11:11 PM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Själ - 02-07-2016, 12:20 AM