[OPEN] everything we touch turns to gold

Hearth Posts: 22
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 8 (FF) HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Locks
Hearth
Little light, little light,
How far will you go tonight?
Be it far or be it near, tonight I'll never fear.

I'm humored by Sjal's surprise when I asked for her companions name and the later antics of the little creature with the fallen cattail. I had bent my head low to observe the cat-pard when she came near but the moment was shortlived as my great wing caressed the hollow tubes and frighten Ansgar off. No matter, it was easy to spy the falcon-likeness and spotted coat even behind the young mares skinny legs. A question was rising in my head about just what her kind was called but the voice of Sjal stole it away from my attention and I hum thoughtfully, more to myself then to her. She had mentioned in passing that this forest may not have always been here and my ears give a slight twitch at that comment, but I say nothing. Strange happenings was very well the norm for this named land, that I've come to accept. Before I would never have thought of others who bore the weight of horns on their brow rather then the heft of wings on their shoulders, yet here I find them as many as those with and even others without either horn or wing. Everyday there is something...unexpected. It invokes a feeling in me, a powerful draw that I'm unable to resist and has caused me to linger and forsake my pursuit of the horizon as is my faith. Many times I've left it all beneath my shadow in the early light only to return again beneath the moon's own eye.

" I'll take your word for that in this unusual place. I cannot say much as it is, for it is outside mine own reckoning, but mayhap there were never paths to begin with. Nature does not build them; you may only ever wander forward on a path of your own making. Still, the nearness of it all steals away any sense of proper direction here on the ground, I confess. Though 'lost' is a word only to those who are not where they wish to be. As a traveler of the world, I am only where I am. It is my place..." I pause, turning my gaze back onto my dark companion.

" You say you are searching for something familiar? Is there something to be found here? Or are you not where you wish to be,young Själ?" I stress the one word with a slight pause, letting it hang in the air for a moments breath as my own heavy head tilts to the side.  I realized as a winged creature I was far from bound in this place but Själ was not. With only her hooves to bear her through, kinds like her had  no choice but to continue onward once they entered too far these wetlands. But I, of course, knew nothing of her reasons for being here at all and it was not my intention to pry. But between strangers it couldn't hurt to ask and if guidance was what she sought I would not mind to have my shoulder beside hers for a while. It has been too long since I last had someone to call a 'friend'.

"Talking"
@Själ
vaya on flickr
suicidecrew | larfsalot
on deviantart
  • Permission granted to harm Hearth and use magic against her, but withhold from dismemberment and death.

• Also, please tag Hearth in Threads!

Messages In This Thread
everything we touch turns to gold - by Själ - 01-07-2016, 01:17 AM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Hearth - 01-09-2016, 03:22 PM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Själ - 01-11-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Hearth - 01-19-2016, 12:30 AM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Själ - 01-21-2016, 09:05 PM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Hearth - 02-04-2016, 11:11 PM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Själ - 02-07-2016, 12:20 AM