the Rift

[OPEN] everything we touch turns to gold

Själ Posts: 112
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 hh :: 4 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ansgar :: Plain Griffin :: Draining Clutch ChaoticMelodies
Själ
Ansgar, sensing no hostility from the mare, emerged slowly from behind her bonded's forelegs, sinking to her belly and stalking slowly forward.  The griffin's tail flashed from left to right along the ground, her shoulders wiggling up and down - and then she pounced forward, chasing her bonded's discarded cattail toward Hearth.  Somewhat near the pegasus's hooves, she caught her prey, crushing the delicate stalk in her teeth.  When she was satisfied that it was, in fact, quite dead, the griffin flopped onto her side, twisting to groom the fur along her right haunch.

The thoughtful voice of Hearth was calming to the wandering filly, and she found herself considering the words that flowed forth with an unusual amount of interest.  The princess had been searching for her path for some time, but perhaps the mare had a point - perhaps it was up to her to create her own path.  There wasn't already one that was hers - nature would not simply show her the way.  Wasn't that the point of life, after all?  Wouldn't a simple road to the end just be too easy, too quick, too painless?  Wouldn't it just be so... lacking?

"I don't... know," the princess answered hesitantly.  "I felt like I was going somewhere, but I don't really know where that somewhere is."  She gazed into the trees, lost for the first time.  She had felt so sure of herself, so positive that she was moving toward something or someone, but she had ended up in this endless forest, wandering towards or away from who-knows-what, and where had she even been headed, anyway?  What had she been so determined to find?

What was out there for her, anyway?

Didn't she have to create her life for herself?

"I suppose... I suppose I set out to get through this forest, but now that I'm here, I don't really know where I'm going. I don't know if I'm going anywhere, really." The light filtered through the stalks surrounding the pair in a gentle green glimmer, filling the princess with calm. "Maybe you're right," she added thoughtfully. "Maybe there aren't any paths after all. I think I'm happy here, even if it wasn't where I set out to go. Do you ever have a destination in mind, in your wandering?"

"Talk."
--Ansgar.--

@Hearth
Själ

Pixel by Reli <3

Please tag Själ in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Själ?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
everything we touch turns to gold - by Själ - 01-07-2016, 01:17 AM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Hearth - 01-09-2016, 03:22 PM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Själ - 01-11-2016, 09:04 PM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Hearth - 01-19-2016, 12:30 AM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Själ - 01-21-2016, 09:05 PM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Hearth - 02-04-2016, 11:11 PM
RE: everything we touch turns to gold - by Själ - 02-07-2016, 12:20 AM