the Rift

[PRIVATE] Can You See What I've Become? (Miykael/Lead)

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
I WAS MADE TO KEEP YOUR BODY WARM
BUT I'M COLD AS THE WIND BLOWS SO HOLD ME IN YOUR ARMS

How could he not forgive her? Although he'd lost track of her after they left the comfort and solitude of the cave in the north, so much had happened since then that he could hardly remember how long she'd been gone. It was during the rare quiet moments that he missed her most, that he sent Eliana out to search for her while he maintained his ever vigilant patrols. Every day she came back and every day it felt as though he were no closer to understanding what had happened. Did she leave voluntarily? If so, why did she go? Why didn't she say anything at all to him before she left? But most importantly, was she okay? Miykael couldn't quite stop his mind from drifting to dark places, especially as each of the seasons passed without a single trace of the pretty grey mare.

With Orangemoon already half over, it hit the stallion like a ton of bricks that she'd been gone for almost a year. He hadn't yet given up hope but that particular realization was a difficult one to swallow. Maybe she would return with the first snow? But, in all honesty, it felt like a vain hope - like his heart couldn't let the mare go even when his head knew that her return would be unlikely. Still, he persists. And Eliana resists more and more each day - fighting against his wishes, breaking down his walls until she could feel how quickly he was drowning. Only then did she venture out and look as he asked her to do but she was always reluctant. The zephyr feared that December would destroy him more than Alysanne ever had - that, despite everything that Alysanne had done and all the lies she'd told him, the black and white mare might not be so bad after all. Miykael, however, disagreed. December had never lied to him, she just... disappeared. So as another day dawns, the newest Earth Medic awakes to persist yet again. Once he convinced Eliana to take the day off and relax, he set off on his own.

Miykael checks the Falls first, sticking close to home in hopes that he'd find her simply hiding out somewhere in some unexplored corner that he'd never been to before. It seemed childish to grip so tightly to the idea that he'd find her again but then, he wouldn't be Miykael - would he? Exhaling a gentle sigh, the stallion tucks his massive white wings against his sides and moves into an easy lope. He heads quickly to the outer edges of the territory with the intent of checking the furthest reaches first before moving inwards. As soon as the Falls were checked, he intended to make his way north; checking the places most noted for their cooler weather, something he remembered her enjoying. Today, unbeknownst to him, he wouldn't have to leave the Falls to find her. Today, unbeknownst to him, he would find her.

He follows the path along the outside edge, heading towards the main entrance that everyone used. Before he could arrive, however, a shrill and rather abrupt whinny breaks the silence throughout the Orangemoon forest. It was an unexpected call, a call that normally wouldn't have caught his attention quite so thoroughly except... it was familiar. It was like a faded dream, distant but pleasant, and though his heart throbbed with hope and recognition, his mind is resistant. It is his mind that keeps his pace steady, fighting against his heart's desire to charge unabashedly towards the caller. Miykael lopes easily through the trees towards the main entrance and within moments, his blue eyes fall on two familiar figures: a grey mare with a llama at her side. Somehow, his pace remains steady - neither increasing nor decreasing. The stallion slows and pauses once he's within several feet of the mare and, despite the pounding of his heart within his chest, he remains outwardly calm.

Yet there are no words. He can't bring himself to speak, so cautiously the stallion steps closer until his muzzle is mere inches from the flesh of her cheek. Once more he pauses, his nostrils practically quivering as he breathes her in but he hesitates to touch - fearing that, somehow, his touch would make her disappear. So instead, he lives within the bliss of the unknown. "December..." he murmurs huskily against her cheek, his voice more thickly laden with desire than he could have anticipated. He'd missed her, the heat thundering through his veins was proof enough but even still he couldn't bring himself to touch her. His mind held him back from that, fearing that she'd disappear as soon as he touched her, just like she had in his dreams.

'Please stay, my love... please don't leave me... I need you.'

MY HEART'S AGAINST YOUR CHEST, YOUR LIPS PRESSED TO MY NECK
I'M FALLING FOR YOUR EYES, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW ME YET
AND WITH THIS FEELING I'LL FORGET, I'M IN LOVE NOW
Image Credits

@December
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can You See What I've Become? (Miykael/Lead) - by Miykael - 01-08-2016, 12:53 AM