the Rift

[PRIVATE] It's Time to Wake Up Now (Vincent)

Vincent Posts: 32
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 19.0 :: 10 Buff: NOVICE
Claribel :: Irish Wolfhound :: None Sparrow
Vincent wasn’t certain just what had lured him back to the Heavenly Fields. It was too open, too exposing, too dangerous for someone  like him to wander around. He should go back to the Falls in search of Archibald and seek solace and protection with his twin, not amble through the open fields while thoroughly exposing himself to any who might be looking for him, or to who might be looking for something to kill. To hunt. To play with and torture.

The mere thought caused the massive, sulking giant to shudder, a chill overtaking his ebony frame that had nothing to do with the fact that it was Orangemoon. For a fall day, it was mild, but his fear, his anxiety filled him with a chill that not even winter’s coldest freeze could match.

So, if he was terrified… What had brought him here? Why had he come here? He needed to leave, to run, to find somewhere safe, preferably in Archibald’s impressive shadow where he knew that he would be safe, but something… Something kept him coming back here. To this spot.

Myrrine.

That was it.

An image of the tiny winged creature, the petite frame and the spotted, supple body popped into his mind, pushing away the fear and instead replacing it with the warmth that thought of Myrrine could bring. She was different. Kind. Wonderful. Gentle. A beautiful, pristine soul among an ugly world of darkness and death. A light in the darkness… Every time they had crossed paths, Myrrine’s smile had warmed Vincent’s darkness, driving away his paranoia and terror-induced madness. Never had she pressured him, never had she even tried to neglect him, and Vincent knew that it wasn’t due to their size differences.

Large as he was, the giant would not stand in a confrontation. Even one as small as Myrrine could tear him apart if she truly wanted…

It was then that a sound reached his ears, the sudden shift of steps and the rhythmic thud of footfalls approaching his position. A nicker, fresh and joyous like spring echoed across the Fields, and Vincent froze mid-step. Impossible.

Lifting his head, Vincent swallowed, lips quivering as slightly-glowing golden orbs turned and saw a heavenly visage approach. It was her. What was she, to know that he had just been thinking of her? At the stallion’s side, Claribel whined pitifully, looking between the two equines.

“M-M-Myrrine…?”

@Myrrine

ooc: Sorry for the wait! Forgive my shoddy post, I’m still rusty from my break. xD

I clutched my life
And wished it kept.
My dearest love I'm not done yet
reference

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.
I prayed my mind be good to me.

Messages In This Thread
It's Time to Wake Up Now (Vincent) - by Myrrine - 01-07-2016, 05:47 PM
RE: It's Time to Wake Up Now (Vincent) - by Vincent - 01-13-2016, 11:54 AM