the Rift

[OPEN] Visiting Mother

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen

I am embarrassed that a stallion I do not know answers my call for 'Momma Eva'. I am closer to being a grown mare than a foal but now it is doubtful that he will see me that way. After hearing me call for Evangeline like that he probably sees me as no more than a yearling. “Take care with those flames, there’s much tinder for a flame this time of year.” My embarrassment makes me irritable. Bossy aren't you? "I was worried that no one would see or hear me in this thick mist. So I used my flames as beacons." I swish my tail around in it to lend a visual aide. Some of my silky strands still brush against the ground even as I swing my tail about. Pride makes me stand a little taller. No yearling sports a tail like mine. My pride is all that keeps me from pointing out that my flames had brought the attention of someone and had not caught anything on fire.

“I do not know where Evangeline is, but I am King here. Is there something you need?” He is the King? I tilt my head and take him in completely differently now. He does have stature that befits one but I do not remember this giant. He was not lead whenever I lived here. But that is neither here nor there, it does not affect me. "So Mo--," I catch and correct myself, "so Evangeline is still a part of the Edge?" I consider asking him about Papa Ruske and if he ever returned but I decide to keep that question for Momma. King or not I only wish to allow this stranger so far into my life. A rank does not make a stranger any more than just that, a stranger. "No sir," he may still be a stranger but he is a stranger that does require more respect than others, "I only came to visit with my momma." I huff as the word slips out but I don't bother changing it this time. Instead I just shrug my shoulders.

Notes: This would be before that thread. Thanks for dropping in!

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Messages In This Thread
Visiting Mother - by Faeanne - 01-08-2016, 08:34 PM
RE: Visiting Mother - by Tembovu - 01-11-2016, 01:35 AM
RE: Visiting Mother - by Faeanne - 01-11-2016, 10:05 PM
RE: Visiting Mother - by Evangeline - 01-11-2016, 11:48 PM
RE: Visiting Mother - by Tembovu - 01-13-2016, 06:05 PM
RE: Visiting Mother - by Faeanne - 01-28-2016, 11:00 PM