the Rift

[PRIVATE] Only If For a Night [Destrier]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier
Suli & Merlin
never feared for anything, never chained but never free
I tried to heal the broken love with all that I could
The past year had gone by in a blur. In some ways, it had held little, and in others, so much had happened. A rift had been torn open in Helovia, opening up a portal to an entirely different world, bringing with it countless foreign faces as well as their demented Gods. With the help of Helovia's own deities and citizens alike, and even some of the other world's own, all had been struck down, and peace was returned once more to Helovia.

... Or was it?

Since then, I had been unable to shake the feeling that not all was as it seemed. Defeating the Gods had seemed almost too easy, and though everything appeared to be fine, there was a feeling that something was still lingering amongst us, just past the corner of the eye, just beyond the shadows.

But maybe it was simply me. Months ago I had fallen into a sort of 'funk' (as the young ones seemed to call it), my mind plagued with thoughts of lost loved ones. There was Bran, Kaj, Romani, Luken, and Laila, may her young, blessed soul rest in peace... I had lost so many, and now, I found myself growing distant to those I called herd-mates. It was irrational, I knew, believing that anyone I grew close to would disappear, that family was only temporary, but it had happened every time.

Suli and Merlin had been the only constants in my life, never leaving my side, never abandoning me, never questioning my love for them.

Slipping away from the Falls and heading north, we made our way for the Heavenly Fields. It was here that I had always felt close to the Heavens, to the Gods of my birthland, to Bran and to Laila. I spoke often to them, of my own life and what theirs was like now that they were freed from their chains, always hoping for some sort of answer, but never receiving one. Although I missed them both dearly, missed everyone, I always felt at peace after visiting the fields.

It was a particularly frigid night, but the cold mattered not to me. A thick hide had protected me from relentless winters for fifteen years, but now, there was fire in my blood, and I had no need for such a thick coat. Suli still hid within my thick tresses, as the dragoness had always loathed the cold and much preferred to stay out of it at all costs; but then there was Merlin, who held a clear love for the freezing temperatures. The orange-eyed dragon trilled with delight as he cutting and spiraling through the breeze, and then plummeting to the snow-covered ground. With wings outspread, rump in the air and neck stretched out before him, Merlin pushed himself through the snow. The action warranted a deep, warm chuckle from my throat, and opening my mouth I intended to speak, but suddenly, all was forgotten as a familiar form caught my gaze.

There, up ahead, was a golden beauty I'd assumed I would never see again, her ever loyal companion romping nearby. Her hide shone brilliantly beneath the light of the moon, and for a moment I wondered if I had finally, truly lost my mind, and I was seeing naught but an apparition. I stood stock still for what felt like an eternity, neck upright, body tense, bister eyes held wide open, ears twisted forward, mind running amuck.

What would I say? How would I react? How would she react?

Slowly, tentatively, I forced one hoof to step forward, followed by the next, then another. I feared that should I draw too close, she would disappear and I would be left alone again, wondering what on earth I had done wrong to deserve such cruel punishment. Sucking in a deep breath, I struggled to find my voice, then called out to her, sounding far more fearful and surely far too soft for her to truly hear me.

"... Romani?"

"Talk."
image credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Only If For a Night [Destrier] - by Romani - 01-09-2016, 12:23 AM
RE: Only If For a Night [Destrier] - by Destrier - 01-15-2016, 05:35 PM
RE: Only If For a Night [Destrier] - by Romani - 01-15-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: Only If For a Night [Destrier] - by Destrier - 01-17-2016, 04:26 PM
RE: Only If For a Night [Destrier] - by Romani - 01-17-2016, 10:43 PM