the Rift

[PRIVATE] Only If For a Night [Destrier]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier
Suli & Merlin
never feared for anything, never chained but never free
I tried to heal the broken love with all that I could
It took little time for the dragons to notice the change. From where she was buried within the mess of dark mane, Suli stuck her head out from the hairy blanket to see our newfound company, but she knew through the bond just who it was we had stumbled upon. Seemingly unbothered by the cold now, the green crawled out from her cover, pulling herself onto my neck and perching atop my head, and through our bond I could feel a pulse of excitement from her. She remembered Romani and her feline companion well, whereas Merlin had been but a hatchling when the golden shield-maiden had departed the lands of Helovia and could not recall the pair. His shy nature was quick to return, and bounding back to me, the black dragon took cover behind my left front leg.

Their individual actions were lost upon me, my focus only on that of Romani as she helped to close the distance between us. Her closeness was almost painful, causing a terrible wrenching of the heart inside my chest. Four seasons had passed since she had left, and I was afraid that only time would tell when I would be left alone once more. My soul couldn't bear such torture ever again, not after I had already lost so many.

I swallowed thickly as she spoke, realizing that I had surely been staring at her, a victim to my thoughts. Where the golden's eyes were warm and filled with worry, mine were cold, haunted, frightened. Where her voice was tender and soft, I had no doubt that mine would come out broken and in shambles.

As she outstretched her muzzle towards me, I felt frozen in place, uncertain what to do, but slowly, hesitantly, I tipped mine down and out, bumping it gently against hers to ensure that I was still capable of movement. Her question gripped even more tightly at my heart, and with a deep, shaky inhale, I made to answer.

"I-..." I trailed off, took in another wholesome breath, and tried again. "I will be," came my answer on a whisper, so full of pain, and it was then that I dared to take a step or two closer, careful of where Merlin had come to settle. Squeezing my eyes shut, I bent my neck to drape it over Romani's own, tucking my head to bring her closer if she allowed. "If you promise that you'll never leave me again."

"Talk."
image credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Only If For a Night [Destrier] - by Romani - 01-09-2016, 12:23 AM
RE: Only If For a Night [Destrier] - by Destrier - 01-15-2016, 05:35 PM
RE: Only If For a Night [Destrier] - by Romani - 01-15-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: Only If For a Night [Destrier] - by Destrier - 01-17-2016, 04:26 PM
RE: Only If For a Night [Destrier] - by Romani - 01-17-2016, 10:43 PM