the Rift

[PRIVATE] Only If For a Night [Destrier]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

He stood like a statue, large and solid but tethered to the ground as though cursed by some strange, immovable force. Very real, but very still, and Romani began to truly worry that something was wrong when he suddenly moved. It was the most subtle of twitches, the stallion's muzzle tipping downwards to slowly reach for her own, and when they touched the Haflinger's azure depths slid closed in contentment. Nostrils flared as she sucked in deep breaths, filling her insides with his familiar scent.

He inhaled, a shaky, uncertain thing, and a pang of sickening realization pooled in the pit of her gut. She had done this... Ripped between two worlds worlds, living the life of a wandering gypsy and an heir to a Kingdom had rendered Destrier into an unsettled and insecure fellow, placing him in a precarious mental position.

Then and there, his touch meant more to her than Ossic Briar, consequences be damned. How could she leave Helovia? How could she leave him?

'I...' He tried to speak, this once proud and vigilant stag, but now... His words would not come. Romani's eyes flit open with the rumble of his deep baritone, eyes staying locked on the Friesian's handsome face. Destrier's next words, so full of agonized pain, left her heart wrought within her chest and she swallowed, hard.

Dark lips opened to speak, to say something in an attempt to alleviate any of the pain that he felt, but before she could utter a single syllable, Destrier had shifted, lessening the distance between them and wrapping his massive neck around hers in an embrace. With his words she was undone, sucking in a deep breath as she pressed herself firmly against him.

What a sight they surely made; black and palomino bodies pressed so intimately against one another, their height difference almost comical, but as strange as this joining of their hearts seemed to be, Romani wouldn't trade it for the world. They had met in the Edge, before Destrier had stolen her away from her frozen imprisonment in the Basin, and they had become shield-siblings in arms. Two soldiers they were, swearing to protect the World's Edge with their very lives, and together they had participated in the invasion upon the Falls. Somehow, amidst all of the fighting, the distance, their lives... They had fallen for one another.

"Never," the Haflinger promised, her words firm and fierce, "Never again. Wherever you are, Destrier, I will be as well. I promise."

No more running. No more hiding. No more avoiding the fact. This was her life now. This handsome ebony stallion with his soothing, warm chocolate eyes and his two draconic companions. Any place by his side was her home, and it always would be.

"I'm so sorry, Des," she murmured, reluctant to pull away even for a second, and so she remained curled in his embrace, "I... I never meant to hurt you. I've missed you terribly, and I..." Her tongue held the word that threatened to break loose. Brushing her cheek against him, the Haflinger sighed, letting herself speak the words that needed to come out. "I love you."

Got a Rebel Soul
With a Whole Lot of Gypsy

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
Only If For a Night [Destrier] - by Romani - 01-09-2016, 12:23 AM
RE: Only If For a Night [Destrier] - by Destrier - 01-15-2016, 05:35 PM
RE: Only If For a Night [Destrier] - by Romani - 01-15-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: Only If For a Night [Destrier] - by Destrier - 01-17-2016, 04:26 PM
RE: Only If For a Night [Destrier] - by Romani - 01-17-2016, 10:43 PM